Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Cobra Cruise ship to Mexico in Feb. ??? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/112725-cobra-cruise-ship-mexico-feb.html)

John-Tucson 10-03-2011 09:16 PM

Mikiec, Don, & xlr8or. I am not interested in your opinons. This thread is for people that ARE interested in going. Your personnel feelings are yours and this thread isn't a sounding board for them.

tin-man 10-03-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Tucson (Post 1154680)
Bob, I hate to tell you this but your Cobra doen't know when you are gone. Perhaps your son could come over and talk to it. John

John, is this true, I was told that Bob had a symbiotic relationship with his Cobra bordering on the compulsive obsessive that generated a compelling desire to be as one with his car on an open hiway that if not achieved caused him to react in strange ways. Being the case I can understand his desire to have his Cobra near him at all times.

Symbiotic relationship Definition A symbiotic relationship is a relationship between two entities which is mutually beneficial for the participants of the relationship formed?

I can see how this definition fits most Cobra owners in that it creates a strong desire for them to speak to their Cobra , stroke the curvaceous body lines and feel a profound sense of satisfaction of ownership.

Does this happen, well, er, I must admit I talked to my Cobra the very first time I saw it and experienced the thrill of ownership.

tin-man

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 10-03-2011 10:46 PM

I am one with my cobra...Grasshopper.

AZ

tin-man 10-04-2011 01:35 AM

Having a bad day are we?

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Tucson (Post 1154684)
Mikiec, Don, & xlr8or. I am not interested in your opinons. This thread is for people that ARE interested in going. Your personnel feelings are yours and this thread isn't a sounding board for them.

Wow John, after reading your opening post, that's kinda harsh isn't it, these guys did respond to your question and got trashed as a result. After reading all your posts you seem like a nice and sincere fellow and your response to Mikie, Don and xlr8or seems out of character, but then that's just one observation. In any event, I am looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the Tucson members after I retire next May.

Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man

mikiec 10-04-2011 09:10 AM

Hey, Tinny... You're now retireing in May make up your mind. Can we get a pool going as to when you really will retire?

Where John is concerned, we consider the source.

tin-man 10-04-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 1154758)
Hey, Tinny... You're now retireing in May make up your mind. Can we get a pool going as to when you really will retire?

Where John is concerned, we consider the source.

Mikie, Its already a done deal, April will be my final month and I will fly home during the first week in May. If I remember correctly you have some form of outing in May right, being the case, count me in for sure?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Cheers, John,

dave from mesa 10-04-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 1154758)

Will that be to see if Tinny retires before Karl get his cobra going.:LOL:
Have to think about this.

tin-man 10-04-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave from mesa (Post 1154874)

What he said.

Danr55 10-04-2011 09:35 PM

All things considered, my money is on Tinny.. Considering the help that Karl has to work with anyway..

tin-man 10-04-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave from mesa (Post 1154874)

Now this seems like a very interesting challenge, Karl gets his Cobra all sorted and drives it, vs tin-man retires AND gets to drive his Cobra too. Games on, table stakes???????????

Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man

tin-man 10-04-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danr55 (Post 1154881)
All things considered, my money is on Tinny.. Considering the help that Karl has to work with anyway..

Now that's a shot right, how long have these fine updtandin' gents been at it?

I am hearing these guys are helping Karl without benefit of any compensation, well err, maybe the occasional near beer or soda plus a sandwich or maybe a cold pizza.

Karl did say he was frugal correct? y 'think that may have something to do with it:LOL::LOL:

Karl, is there an end date in sight;)

John, AKA, tin-man

tin-man 10-04-2011 10:06 PM

errr, we seem to have hijacked this thread.....

John Tucson apologies we got off track, again, I guess its all to do with the short term memory vs long term recall. Hey guys this is serious stuff, back to normal programming, how many people want to take the cruise?

John, for what its worth, if you decide to go on the cruise in 2013 my wife and I will join the group since such a cruise is on our list of things to do when retired..

Cheers, John AKA, tin-man

dave from mesa 10-05-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danr55 (Post 1154881)

Hey
I resemble that remark.:LOL:

Danr55 10-05-2011 11:22 AM

You certainly do, Ollie!

Car Nut 10-06-2011 01:13 PM

Someone's got something on their nose. :LOL:

tin-man 10-06-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car Nut (Post 1155114)
Someone's got something on their nose. :LOL:

Dingleberry?

Fitz 10-07-2011 09:19 AM

Cobras in France

Hey Karl, I have been to wine country in France; loved the St Emillion and Old Paris areas. Would go back in a second. Also been to Italy except Rome (mostly wine country). That said TV usually sets the attitude towards these countries. Depending on which TV station you watch your attitude will change. I am a Fox guy and Fox Business news guy so you know where my attitude is.
Little Story about Paris: We were at a dinner on the river at a place called Henry the 8th ? doing our dinner matching wine thing. About 15 minutes into our dinner an old man in sport coat (local) came over with a glass of wine in his hand. (we were a group of 15). He asked if he could say a few words as he couldn't help but to overhear our conversations and knew we were Americans. (He had travelled to Ohio several times for his job)
While talking he took his small hat off, held his glass high and told us that the people of France loved Americans. He told us to go to the countryside and talk to the older generations of France and we would find out that France loves Americans. They will never, never forget what we have done for them not once but twice. Sal......lut......ta!
Not only did he have tears in his eyes but we were all crying. Dam! He recommended we all go to Normandy which a few of us did. Holy Crap! That will wake you up in the morning. :(Private Ryan movie on certain beaches sounds like it happened just about like they showed it. The longest Day was another movie that had scenes right out of those neighborhoods. We walked Omaha Beach and it is like a sacred area especially when your parents actually fought in WW2. The graveyards everywhere that are all kept up super neat...all the stories.

It is the governments that create all the havoc not the people. The media controls the mob, just like in Rome. Most of us are bitter about VNam because we didn't have the will to finish it and win. Politics....We are so politically correct. General Pistol P'ton and Douglas would roll over in their graves with these clowns running things since Reagan. (last President to actually see any gold in Ft Knox and that is a whole new story)

Now cars.....When I was in St Emillion (what a great town and history up the butt including Nazi stuff (they wanted the wine but everything was stored underground to protect it). :eek:%/Heard the familiar sound of a cobra and sure enough hear came a Cobra, couple MGs, jags, Morgan’s on some sort of car rally. So Cool!:)

Not to down play what guys and gals have done in Iraq Afghan. Surely that is a mess over there. You would think we would just send all the Environmental wackos there and drill hear and produce energy here so we could tell those clowns in middle east to go pound sand. along with our idiots in Washington. What are our leaders thinking!!!!%/

Anyway it was cool seeing a cobra in St Emillion.