Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Restaurant in Scottsdale / Chandler area. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/122995-restaurant-scottsdale-chandler-area.html)

John-Tucson 10-15-2013 10:18 AM

Restaurant in Scottsdale / Chandler area.

Hi guys, Tomorrow, Wednesday, Oct 16th, I'll be driving a hot rod run to Phoenix to visit the CAF Air Museum, the Penske Auto Museum, and the Bashas Western Art Museum. There will be nine of us and we are looking for restaurant recommendations between the auto and art museums. That would be along Scottsdale Road and / or 101 loop roads.
American or Mexican food in the low to mid-price range would be great. A place with outdoor seating would be nice. Thanks.

WillisT 10-15-2013 11:31 AM

Hi John,

I know that area well, and Carlos O'Briens is a decent Mexican spot on the SW corner of Scottsdale & Bell, just a block south of the Penske museum.

There's also an Arriba's a few miles east of there at Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd & the 101.
What time were you planning to be at the Penske museum? I'm not too far away and was planning to head over there in the afternoon anyway. Maybe now I'll take the Cobra...

HTH,
Will

Danr55 10-15-2013 12:13 PM

Houston's on Scottsdale Rd. is mid priced, no outside seating, but excellent food. Scottsdale Rd. just north of McDonald.

Karl Bebout 10-15-2013 12:14 PM

Will, good that you gave warning about taking your Cobra out. Now, people will know the cause of the huge dust cloud you'll make driving down your unpaved road.

John-Tucson 10-15-2013 07:48 PM

Hi Will, Thanks for the suggestions. We'll leave Tucson at 8 am , have breakfast in Florence, drive to Mesa and the CAF. The plan is to leave there about 11:45am and arrive at Penske about 12:25pm. The Carlos O'Brian's sounds perfect since it's just down the road. I have built in about 1/2 hour of slack so we may be early at the Penske Museum. I tried the Denali Motorsports Museum but they have just started a renovation and won't open until 2014. Hope to see you tomorrow.

HarleyD 10-15-2013 08:33 PM

There is a nice mexican restaurant about 5 min north of the museum called Jalapeno Inferno. It has good food and outside seating. Corner of Pinnacle Peak and Scottsdale.

John-Tucson 10-17-2013 08:58 AM

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Mike met us at the CAF and drove to Penske's where we met Will. The lunch was very good at Carlos O'Brians, I'll have to return and look for the O'Brian part.
We did get to the Bashas Museum of Western Art and it is OUTSTANDING !!! We were surprised at the beauty and size of the collection. If you guys haven't been there I'd recommend it.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 10-17-2013 04:55 PM

John, I used to live in Wickenburg and we had our own western museum: Home Page
Enjoyable visit.

AZ Bob

Car Nut 10-18-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Tucson (Post 1267845)
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Mike met us at the CAF and drove to Penske's where we met Will. The lunch was very good at Carlos O'Brians, I'll have to return and look for the O'Brian part.
We did get to the Bashas Museum of Western Art and it is OUTSTANDING !!! We were surprised at the beauty and size of the collection. If you guys haven't been there I'd recommend it.

I've been there a few times, it is indeed spectacular, a trip well worth making. I think it is only open during the week, call first.

Mike Brasfield 10-19-2013 12:23 AM

John....it was nice to join up with you at CAF and tour the Penske museum, even though I wasn't invited. It was great to meet your "hot rod" friends, nice guys. Don't forget to let me know about Wilcox.