Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Flat black roll bar for csx (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/136568-flat-black-roll-bar-csx.html)

csx4910 05-22-2016 09:48 AM

Flat black roll bar for csx

I am thinking of recoating my pipes in flat black and was wondering if anyone makes a black roll bar for the csx?

mickmate 05-22-2016 10:00 AM

Powder coat yours?

Bernica 05-22-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmate (Post 1392286)
Powder coat yours?

Yup. What Nick said. Keep your CSX bar and have it stripped and powder coated. You already know it fits right!;)

csx4910 05-22-2016 10:34 AM

I wasn't sure how easy it would be to strip the chrome and powder coat.any input on what they think the cost will run for the roll bar and the pipes?

Bernica 05-22-2016 10:48 AM

I believe a chroming shop should be able to dip the parts in their tanks and completely remove the chrome. Then, off to a powder-coating shop. As far as cost, I couldn't really tell you but it's gotta be cheaper than buying a whole new setup from SAI!;)

mickmate 05-22-2016 11:17 AM

As Michael says chrome is an electroplating process so can take it off with reversed polarity. I also think you could glass bead or sand blast it to give it some texture for the powder coat to hang on to. Ask your powder coater. I could duplicate the bar but would have to have yours here.

Bernica 05-22-2016 11:23 AM

Yeah, a real chrome shop will remove it right. There are plenty of tips on removing chrome at home and I don't buy into any of them, especially playing with hydrochloric acid and what not that may or may not do the job!
As Nick said, sandblasting prior to powder coating is a good idea. Most of the powder coat shops around me also do sandblasting.

Danr55 05-22-2016 04:52 PM

You not.only have to remove the chrome but the copper.flash the chrome.e is plated over. The vapor blast and powder.coat.

RACERAL 05-22-2016 05:50 PM

Can you swap it for a black on... somebody might like a chrome one

Bernica 05-22-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danr55 (Post 1392317)
You not.only have to remove the fuel.e but the copper.flash the chrome.e is plated over. The vapor blast and powder.coat.

Dan,
Your phone texting is either really bad, or it's Sunday. I almost had to get out my decoder ring for that one!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Danr55 05-22-2016 08:29 PM

Bernie, my phone can't spell worth crap....but I fixed it. No decoder ring required.

Tom Kirkham 05-22-2016 09:06 PM

If your car has an aluminum body, there is a very good chance your roll bar is stainless steel. A magnet will let you know.

csx4910 05-22-2016 09:57 PM

It is a glass car. I am thinking I will do the pipes, roll bar and centers of the wheels in black leaving the spinners, windshield and bumpers in the normal polished finish

Scotchman 05-23-2016 07:05 AM

That will look Bad A$$ :MECOOL: