Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Cars and Cigars-Sunday 18th (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/137690-cars-cigars-sunday-18th.html)

Scotchman 12-16-2016 07:38 AM

Cars and Cigars-Sunday 18th

Oliver Smith Cars and Cigars is from 12-4 this Sunday the 18th at the Gainey Ranch meeting place off Scottsdale road. Free BBQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to try and make it. Still putting my car back together. Replaced intake manifold gaskets and small hoses. :cool:

Cobrakeith 12-16-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotchman (Post 1411439)
Oliver Smith Cars and Cigars is from 12-4 this Sunday the 18th at the Gainey Ranch meeting place off Scottsdale road. Free BBQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to try and make it. Still putting my car back together. Replaced intake manifold gaskets and small hoses. :cool:

Free BBQ ought to attract a few cigar smoking Cobraphiles:) I'll try to make it minus cigar though. Is the meeting place the same one for cars and coffee at Gainey Ranch? Woops forgot that is the Cards last home game so I will have to beg off on this get together.

Karl Bebout 12-16-2016 07:59 AM

Might drag my son-in-law over, Sunday. The daughter's family gets in Saturday night. Should be dry, but a little nippy. Wonder if it'll be as crowded as the cars and coffee? Might have to get there by 9 to get a spot?

moore_rb 12-16-2016 08:24 AM

Hmmm, will give me a reason to get all my final Christmas shopping done before Sunday...:cool:

It's always fun to look at the collections of watches that cost more than a new engine for my car would... :cool:

Scotchman 12-16-2016 02:27 PM

Rod, a new Kirkham owner/builder, said it usually doesn't get that crowded . Starts at noon. Just in time for BBQ !

Karl,
You need to meet Rod. He's planning on installing 4 webers with stacks.

Phx Mike 12-17-2016 07:17 AM

Same place as the normal Gainey cars and coffee?

Karl Bebout 12-17-2016 07:56 AM

Scottie, surprised you're not going to the Cards game. Its their last home game before they go to the Super Bowl. Oh Wait! there's a slim chance they won't be going, unless as spectators.
Is Rod going to be at Gainey Ranch Sunday? I will.

moore_rb 12-17-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phx Mike (Post 1411503)
Same place as the normal Gainey cars and coffee?

That is correct

Scotchman 12-17-2016 11:25 AM

Karl,
Rod plans on being there around 1:30 to 2. I should have my car back together first thing in the morning.

Mike,
What Robert said, off Scottsdale Road, just south of Double Tree Rd.

Karl Bebout 12-18-2016 02:57 PM

Pretty nipply ride over to Scottsdale this morning. Scottie, Phx Mike, Danr and I made a a meager Cobra presentation. Lots of Ferrari models, a bunch of Stud-buckets, and various other vehicles may have totaled 50-60 cars. The high end jeweler in the plaza was passing out freebie ceeegars so my son-in-law, and I got a couple for Scottie and Danr. The free BBQ food was excellent. BobB missed free food? WTF?

Phx Mike 12-18-2016 07:27 PM

It was a damn nice day out there today. Some cool cars, good barbecue, some good scenery and a chance to drive the Cobra so not bad. Aaron and I got a couple of stogies for Danr and Scottie too. Robert got there after you left Karl. Unbelievably he has not made any more mods on his car in the last 48 hrs or so. I may get him to Plasti-dip the Kirkham though just to see what it would look like with some color.

Danr55 12-19-2016 05:14 AM

Mike, Plasti dip side pipes and all? Might be interesting.
How do you Plasti dip Reynolds wrap?

moore_rb 12-19-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phx Mike (Post 1411634)
Robert got there after you left Karl. Unbelievably he has not made any more mods on his car in the last 48 hrs or so. ...

Yeah, well...I've been fighting this head-cold. I think maybe I've inhaled a few too many rattle can fumes lately... :)

Danr- You can't Plasti-Dip sidepipes. Now you're just talking crazy-talk. **)