Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Lokar/Borla problems (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/138190-lokar-borla-problems.html)

Gofastoldguy 03-20-2017 03:14 PM

Lokar/Borla problems

Anyone with a TWM/Borla stack injection set up using the new Lokar accel cable
set up please assist me in installing a new cable assembly .
Original TWM set done around 9-10 years ago on 302 motor. Had a Mustang cable that just recently broke on me. Unfortunately I have no instruction book on the TWM or the new Lokar cable. There is a bracket screwed to the intake valley plate that is to hold the old cable. I need to determine the correct attachment of the Lokar cable to this bracket...pics would be nice. I have modified the firewall area where the cable clevis attaches to the new Russ Thompson pedal.
I would appreciate any help from ya'll. I'm still trying to get Lokar and Borla to respond to me with some instruction papers. No joy yet...Will try to post some photos later. Thx for the help,
BBryan

mikiec 03-20-2017 04:43 PM

Have you checked youtube?

Gofastoldguy 03-20-2017 11:59 PM

No...but I will
Thx Mike

redmt 03-21-2017 10:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the best 2 shots I can find. As I remember it was pretty straight forward. I can search some more if needed

Gofastoldguy 03-21-2017 11:29 AM

Lokar Cable

Thanks for the photos...do you happen to have any instruction sheets from the Borla instal or Lokar?
If possible, an overhead shot looking down on the bracket would be great.
Is the cable sheath a press fit into the bracket ferrule?
Thx again
Bill Bryan

redmt 03-21-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gofastoldguy (Post 1418647)
Thanks for the photos...do you happen to have any instruction sheets from the Borla instal or Lokar?
If possible, an overhead shot looking down on the bracket would be great.
Is the cable sheath a press fit into the bracket ferrule?
Thx again
Bill Bryan

No. There wasn't any instruction sheet. I built the engine and installed it for a guy a couple years back. The cable sheath just slides into the the ferrules as it all had to be cut to length. I remember having to rotate things around a bit to get the cable to pull from the front instead of the side. Let me look through some more of the file I have on the car. I took hundreds of pictures to document the build as well as possible. I'll try and go through them later today.

redmt 03-21-2017 12:14 PM

I went through all the pix I have and those are the best I have. It seems to me that the cable bracket on the throttle pedestal rotates whatever direction you need it to face. This was in a Daytona coupe that was lets say Joe Magee'd together by the original builder. Everything was a nightmare but I don't remember the throttle linkage being that big an issue. What exactly is the problem your having? Send me a picture of the brackets and such that you have and maybe it will jog something in my feeble memory.
john.chamorro1@gmail.com

Gofastoldguy 03-23-2017 03:35 PM

John...sent photos to you just now...Thx for the help
Bill

Topfuelhydro 03-23-2017 04:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Do these help any?

redmt 03-23-2017 05:02 PM

Those pix are great. He should be able to figure it out from them easily.

Gofastoldguy 03-23-2017 05:55 PM

Redmt and TFHydro

Thx for the nice pics...looks like I did it OK. Nice car, bike and boat Hydro.
I appreciate all the feed back guys...
BBryan

mikiec 03-24-2017 05:00 PM

Bill? Going to be ready for Fun Run?

Gofastoldguy 03-24-2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 1418826)
Bill? Going to be ready for Fun Run?

If it takes me to May 5th to fix my accel cable I would be too embarrassed to
show up!!
I anticipate finishing in a couple of days...had to fabricate stuff, etc without
proper tools of course. Lots of help out there though.
Hi to Ginny!
Bill & Gaby