Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   I used to be one of you (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/138703-i-used-one-you.html)

2bars 06-28-2017 05:12 PM

I used to be one of you

I have been re-bitten by the Cobra. Well soon anyway.

I used to be one of you.....I had been out to club cruises and I still have a club shirt. I got my car in 05 and when the economy crashed, it needed to be parked while i found ways to eat. Fast forward, The Cobra went though some engine problems. Added a Shelby GT500 to the fleet. And every time I go to a Shelby event there are the Cobra's. And, hey, I got one so its time to get it back out and play

Now it is getting a new engine built and I hope to come out and hang with you all when your on the west side. Because I live in Wickenburg the Saturday Coffee is probably not going to work.

I started a thread on the FE talk page about the build.

Karl Bebout 06-28-2017 09:08 PM

Get that thing running and come on out to play....when the temps drop, a bit.

2bars 06-29-2017 07:19 AM

That's the plan. The last time out with it was Wild horse pass, west track. That's when I blew my (hopefully) last head gasket.

2bars 07-25-2017 10:47 AM

Well the block showed up and the work is progressing. A Pond aluminum 427, stroked to a 482. Gone is the economy car 428. I finally will have no guilt putting 427 valve covers on .. It had 428 covers on it and people at cruse in after asking, is it real, then asked why does the fender badge say 427 and the engine say 428?

cycleguy55 07-25-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bars (Post 1426893)
Well the block showed up and the work is progressing. A Pond aluminum 427, stroked to a 482. Gone is the economy car 428. I finally will have no guilt putting 427 valve covers on .. It had 428 covers on it and people at cruse in after asking, is it real, then asked why does the fender badge say 427 and the engine say 428?

And now the valve covers will say 427 when it's really a 482. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. :LOL:

2bars 07-25-2017 01:24 PM

well at least the block started as a 427 S/O

2bars 09-17-2017 10:56 AM

It was nice to visit with some of you last night at the 83rd Ave cruise in. Thanks for making my wife and I feel welcome.
Next time we'll bring chairs and not be rushed.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 09-17-2017 02:12 PM

Get back on the emailing list by sending your name, address, email, cell phone spouse name, CC screen name & shirt size to Joe Bria at Likenu2@cox.net
Keep up, glad to see you again.

AZ Bob

Phx Mike 09-17-2017 03:05 PM

Sorry I missed you - I haven't been over to the 83rd avenue gathering in a while. Supposed to be a bit cooler next weekend so I am going to try to get over and catch up.

2bars 09-17-2017 03:53 PM

I will get Joe an email. Thanks.
Gonna plan next week to be back chairs and all.

mikiec 09-17-2017 06:06 PM

I'm sure Jeff and Bruce would have let you sit on their laps. I will shake your hand in December.

Mikiec

vettestr 09-19-2017 08:31 AM

Hey Mikie, That frozen tundra you live in seems to have mixed you up a bit..... no a bunch!!! Back home here in the IT"S A DRY HEAT land men do not sit on other men's lap.
Add a few days to your December trip so we can thaw you out completely. LOL 2bars we welcome you and your pretty wife anytime but throw chairs in your car. I will try to help Mikie but it is a big job.

Danr55 09-19-2017 06:37 PM

Big job....... There is a straight line in there somewhere, but I'll leave it for someone else to pick you.

2bars 09-20-2017 07:19 AM

I think I'm going to play it safe and bring my own chairs. Matter of fact I'm going to load them right now

mikiec 09-20-2017 03:52 PM

Jeff, I might need an extra week.