Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Cobra Soft Top (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/140804-cobra-soft-top.html)

nniets 04-19-2018 07:43 AM

Cobra Soft Top

You desert rats have all seen this new soft top for Cobras, right? Looks like a nice addition for Arizona. Karl - you need this!

https://www.facebook.com/cobrakini/

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 04-19-2018 08:36 AM

Thanks Ron. I shared this site on SCOF and AZ Cobra FB.

AZ Bob

Karl Bebout 04-19-2018 09:52 AM

I do need that. Nice shade without being hemmed in. Besides, if I can get one, then I won't have to borrow your top when I do another big trip this September.

Danr55 04-19-2018 12:20 PM

I should know in a couple of days whether or not I have a soft top for sale. That and a whole lot of other stuff.

Karl Bebout 04-19-2018 02:32 PM

And a WATTS?

Danr55 04-19-2018 03:05 PM

As you well know the watts is held on with about 1/2 pound of weld. I doubt that will ever come off. Preliminary report indicates that I got very lucky. A little damage to the left front axle but nothing to indicate that the frame is bent and no substantial body damage. I'll get some photos tomorrow.

Karl Bebout 04-19-2018 06:16 PM

You were needing a paint job but you sure went about getting one, the hard way. Maybe this time you'll paint it RED.

Scotchman 04-20-2018 07:09 AM

Dan,
Did you have a mishap ?

Danr55 04-20-2018 01:20 PM

The left side watts link is benl and that is about the worst thing noticed, so I guess there is no soft top available. There is only one area where there is any serious body damage. The steering joint banged against the inner fender and crackex the inside pretty badly. There are three more places where the body has cracked on the inside. The right side watts link may be bent. The fwd shock on the right side looks like it may need replacing. The differential looks as though the support may be bent just a hair as it is shifted to the right about .5 inches. Both side pipes are badly dinged but the hangers are solid. The car needs painting. Given everything that happened, i thnk im in pretty good shape. Not going to make Rt 66 but will make Coronado Trail.

redmt 04-21-2018 06:32 AM

Dan whats the details on the wreck? I still have those sides pipes if you want them.

Karl Bebout 04-21-2018 09:59 AM

Danr...That whack on your noggin must have really scrambled your spelling sectors. I think I know what you were trying to say....but never sure about you.

"Wee left side watts link is bentll, no soft top available. There is only one area where there is any serious body damage. The steering joint banged against the inner fender and crackex the inside pretty badly. There are three more places where the body has cracked on the inside. The right side watts link is bent. The fwd shock on the right side looks like it may need replacing. Thedifferential looks as though the rear end may be bent must a hair zs it is shofted to the right about .5 inches. Both side pipes are badly dinged but the ha gers are solid. The car needsainting. Given everything that happened, i thnk im in pretty good shape. Not going to ,ake Rt 66 vut will make Coronado Trail."

Danr55 04-21-2018 01:48 PM

There is an entire piece of the paragraph missing. It should read that "the left side watts link is bent and appears to be the worst thing wrong so I guess there will be no soft top availabe." I tried to do that on my phone. Looks to me like I removed part of the sentence before I hit save.

Read the paragraph again. Made some corrections.