Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Sunshine Acres (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/141818-sunshine-acres.html)

Phx Mike 12-19-2018 08:23 PM

Sunshine Acres

Az Cobras:

A reminder that our donation dropoff at Sunshine Acres Children’s Home (and mini car show) is on Saturday 12-January at 1:00 PM. We will meet beforehand (12:40) at the Chevron at Recker and McDowell and go over together.

Bring your Cobra!

I tallied up the gift cards - so far we have over $850.00 in cards! If you did not bring yours to the X-Mas gathering at Ron’s place then please bring it with you to the dropoff.

In case you have not donated and plan to bring a card to the dropoff, here is what we have so far:

25.00 Chipotle
25.00 Burger King
25.00 Burger King
25.00 McDonalds
20.00 Walmart
(5) 20.00 Target cards
15.00 McDonalds
(2) 15.00 Subway
50.00 Dominoes
25.00 Teens Choice (multiple restaurants)
10.00 McDonalds
(4) 5.00 McDonalds
25.00 McDonalds
250.00 Walmart! :-)
50.00 McDonalds
(2) 15.00 Dairy Queen
(2) 20.00 Walgreens
(8) 10.00 McDonalds
And (2) from Walmart with unknown amounts....

I will bring them all with me to the dropoff and hope to see a lot of Cobras (and nice weather!).....

Mike

Trubble 12-22-2018 09:10 AM

Gotta be a lotta love in Phoenix for the kids at Sunshine Acres!
Nice work!

Merry Christmas to All!

Danr55 12-28-2018 06:37 PM

Bill you're right. the kids at Sunshine acres need a lot of love if they had a lot of love at home they wouldn't be at Sunshine acres. Most of these kids are from abusive home life that for some reason the courts to determine the children needed to be separated from their parents. So we do what we can.

Phx Mike 01-09-2019 09:50 PM

Reminder - This Saturday!

Just a reminder.... this Saturday, is our car show and donation event at Sunshine Acres Children’s Home.

We will meet at the Chevron station on the SE corner of Recker and McDowell in Mesa at 12:30 pm and head over together at 12:45 pm. The event starts at 1:00 at the SACH facility at 3405 N Higley Rd in Mesa.

As of today, there is a slight chance of rain on Saturday. I have spoken with Linda Mullins at the SACH, and told her that if rain looks likely we will continue with the donation dropoff no matter what on Saturday, but reschedule the car show for a separate day.

So - plan to bring your cobra, unless it looks like rain. If it looks like rain and there are no people or only a few people that show up with cobras, we will set up a separate show day for a later date. If you dropped off your donation at the Christmas party at Ron’s house, I will bring it with me. Otherwise bring it with you on Saturday.

See you Saturday!

hinoonaz 01-12-2019 06:25 AM

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate. See all at the Chevron

Phx Mike 01-12-2019 06:57 AM

Yes looks like the rain will hold off - hope to see a great turnout!

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 01-12-2019 07:26 AM

See you there

AZ Bob

Phx Mike 01-12-2019 01:44 PM

Thanks to Gary, Greg, Dan, Bob, and Bruce for coming out today. Too bad we did not have more kids turn out. We ended up collecting about $1K in gift cards for the kids (I say “about” because we had a couple of cards with no amount listed). Thanks to everyone for your tremendous generosity.

I will tie out with the SACH folks on Monday. I know they appreciate our donation a lot.

I will also start thinking about charity options for next year so we can plan accordingly.

Mike

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 01-12-2019 03:10 PM

Sunshine Acres Visit

Thanks Mike for all your effort. It is unfortunate that only little girls came out to see our cars. They have no idea. Apparently all the boys were having football practice. No fault of ours but reward was limited. You are correct in researching alternate charity. I thank everyone for your generosity but I for one did not experience the "Thank You."
Always good to see the cobra bunch, although limited.
Here is a photo taken at the Chevron gathering place.

https://i.postimg.cc/s2pQDnby/IMG-2112.jpg

AZ Bob

Phx Mike 01-12-2019 03:32 PM

Agree I already have a few ideas and will send out a note to get feedback.