Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Breakfast In Winslow 06/09/19 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/142409-breakfast-winslow-06-09-19-a.html)

Karl Bebout 05-31-2019 08:48 AM

Breakfast In Winslow 06/09/19

I'm going to make an early morning breakfast run up through Payson, to Winslow, Sunday 06/09. That's such a peaceful/restful drive that it'll do my tortured soul some good. :3DSMILE:
Maybe just backtrack or better yet, do the Showlow/Salt River Canyon/Globe return to avoid the lemmings returning to the Valley through Payson.
Leave the Beeline/Shay Shell Station at 7am.

Anyone interested in cruising along?

twobjshelbys 05-31-2019 01:28 PM

A wonderful day trip in any vehicle!!!

Cobrakeith 05-31-2019 02:57 PM

I don't think I can push my car fast enough to keep up with you Karl.

MKS427 05-31-2019 03:54 PM

I spoke with Karl. We're going to change it up a little, okay a lot.
Depart Fry's gas station on Dove Valley (one exit south of Carefree Hwy) just east of I-17 at 7 AM. We'll head up through Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, and on to Winslow for lunch. After lunch we'll head south through Payson back towards home.

MKS427 05-31-2019 04:07 PM

Fry's Marketplace
2770 W Dove Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85085

Danr55 05-31-2019 04:11 PM

I 40? Watch for cops

hinoonaz 05-31-2019 06:14 PM

That's for sure Dan. Made it to El Paso on first day of 75 day trip. Will post experience on a new post.
Gary

Karl Bebout 06-01-2019 11:48 AM

Gary, safe travels. Gotta say, you started off with stopping at one of the finest garden spots along I10 :cool:

Looking forward to your DAILY reports and pictures.

Karl Bebout 06-02-2019 09:51 AM

Couldn't stand it any longer! On impulse, I saddled up early yesterday morning and took a jaunt: Florence to Oracle Junction to Winkleman to Superior to home. 216 miles of smiles. :MECOOL:

MKS427 06-03-2019 06:11 PM

Jim is going, but still not posting. LOL

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 06-05-2019 09:42 AM

I am proud of all of you making almost constant runs like this. I would go too if I was't so old. It's getting difficult to keep up with you young guys and to drive that far in one day. Instead, I'll attend my grandson's 5th birthday party. Didn't have that to face either when younger. Keep up the good work. I brag about you constantly.

AZ Bob

Alfa02 06-06-2019 02:40 AM

Karl, you back from Urupp :) You didn't turn into one of them there fancy Furrin cars guy's did you ;) You know with a Porsh or a Alfie??? Hey buddy boy, brought another keeper, A "CHiP's" (Black & White) 1990 Mustang pursuit/chase car, when we come down next year, you may want to look in the mirror, and maybe, just maybe see that car behind you :) Cheers Tommyrot.

Karl Bebout 06-06-2019 07:56 AM

Tommyrot, since we were mainly in France, I almost bought one of those high stylin Citroen CV2s. NOT!
Maybe, with a strong tail wind and down a steep grade, you might get that "per soot" Mustang to break 90MPH. :eek:

Scotchman 06-09-2019 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We ended up having lunch at the Coffee Pot in Sedona. Very good food. Love the high speed round-a-bouts between Camp Verde and Sedona. Got warm on the way home. The pic is downtown Sedona.

Karl Bebout 06-09-2019 04:11 PM

Thinking I counted 7, yes SEVEN, round-a-bouts between Cottonwood and I17. Its like the road engineers found a new toy and put one everyplace a cow path crossed the road.
I got home about 2:15 with a total 340 miles for the day. Definitely a good ride. No traffic issues, no mishaps, and no "good driver citations":eek: