Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Cars & Coffee Scottsdale & 101 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/142660-cars-coffee-scottsdale-101-a.html)

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 08-12-2019 03:48 PM

Cars & Coffee Scottsdale & 101

I see that the Scottsdale Motorsports Gathering starts up again on Saturday, September 7th but, it will now be a "member only" group or it will cost you $10 to park your car there in the show if space is available. https://www.scuderiasouthwest.com/co...item_id=48007& This pretty much ends my interest. By the way, membership is $137 per year if you wish to avoid the $10 fee on first Saturdays. And, this does not assure your free entry in any other of their events.

AZ Bob

Cobrakeith 08-12-2019 04:15 PM

I'm with you Bob, no interest.

Danr55 08-12-2019 04:39 PM

When it was free, interest was marginal. Now I have to ask , what interest?

Karl Bebout 08-12-2019 08:19 PM

I wish them well.

RAMRobAZ 08-12-2019 08:37 PM

Yeah, not for me.

Old Phart 08-13-2019 02:50 PM

Ditto. I believe that this may be a trial, of sorts, to see where the "new rules"
go, and still generate interest, while weeding out the "trouble makers".
That, and helping with expenses.

Kind of like getting charged at the auto repair shop for "shop supplies", when
it's just a normal business expense, and more profit for them. Oh, also like the
auto dealer's "Document fee".

Phx Mike 08-13-2019 09:04 PM

I signed up. I enjoy going over there occasionally and showing off my car and seeing the other cool cars. I can understand why they are asking for a little funding given the size of the turnout.

Danr55 08-14-2019 03:33 AM

Mike , the biggest draw was that it was free. I think that will change.

Cobrakeith 08-14-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danr55 (Post 1465576)
Mike , the biggest draw was that it was free. I think that will change.

Already changed for those that want to show their cars Dan.:D

RAMRobAZ 08-14-2019 11:53 PM

I heard it was a squabble over having advertising tents there. The owner of the land wanted to put up a Motorcycle dealership he owned and it went bad from there.

MKS427 08-15-2019 07:55 AM

I'm guessing, after the bad actors, Scottsdale PD might be charging the event for their time.

Paul Gillespie 08-15-2019 11:48 AM

RIP , I don't think there will be a long line of folks wanting to pay to park. I do feel like rolling up before they setup and walking to Dennys, not in the Cobra or the Mustang, 1991 Nissan Pickup just to upset them.

twobjshelbys 08-15-2019 12:07 PM

Everyone that is no longer going to attend should send them an email and say why. Maybe they will see the error in their ways. On the other hand maybe it is precisely what they want. One of the Shelby Mustang groups did exactly the same thing when we were in Colorado. Cut membership and attendance in half but the snobs got to have breakfast without the rest of us working stiffs around.

Phx Mike 08-15-2019 01:38 PM

I can’t blame them. 500 cars and a thousand folks show up....takes a ton of effort to manage that. Plus it will curb the bad behavior because the folks attending will be registered (ie they have your name, address etc) so they can track down the miscreants. Probably also easier to get insurance for an actual club with registration.

And FWIW I still work for a living....

Danr55 08-15-2019 06:10 PM

I think Tony might have something. Even in Fountain Hills we are always the furthest out from everyone. After all, we are all just replicas!

Phx Mike 08-15-2019 08:03 PM

You may be right Dan. We certainly don’t make the front row out there. The cars and coffee note said they want the show to focus on exotics and collector cars. Will be interesting to see if they let me in! Would suck to have paid my dues and not get in with my “kit car”.

Karl Bebout 08-16-2019 08:34 AM

Phx Mike, not to worry, they'll be "blinded by the light". :o

Shows to go ya, they've come across the way to keep the riff-raff out.

To prove the point.....I'm out. :3DSMILE:

Danr55 08-16-2019 03:59 PM

Karl are you Riff or Raff this week? I can never remember.

HighPlainsDrifter 08-16-2019 04:53 PM

insurance

Hi,
That is probably right on the money. I went to the big cobra bash in reno/sparks for 2006/7 and it was cancelled because someone had to put up a million dollar fund just in case something went wrong. Too bad it was unbelievable to see 180 cobras there, I think 8 real ones showed up also. I got to cruise to Reno with 6 cobras and 2 daytona's, one was Peter Brock!
Perry:cool:

Alfa02 08-16-2019 10:20 PM

I take it Perry, yours and Peter's were the 2-Daytona's :) Tommyrot.