Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   2020 Picnic April 18 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/143258-2020-picnic-april-18-a.html)

Karl Bebout 02-17-2020 08:31 AM

2020 Picnic April 18

Saturday, April, 18,2020
9am-2pm-ish

SAGUARO LAKE. Take the Beeline from Fountain Hills, towards Payson. Exit onto Bush Hwy, go +-4mi South to the lake's marina entrance. Bear left at guard shack, continue to end of road.

All cars need a Tonto National Forest Day Pass--OR--display your Senior Pass for National Parks and Recreational Lands. Senior Passes have gone well up in price, but over time, are still a good deal. Many gas stations, drug stores, etc sell the day passes and there is a vending machine, at the guard shack that sells them. The lifetime passes are available at US Forestry/Ranger stations.

I'll provide paper plates, napkins, plastic silverware, charcoal/lighter, table covers, grill tools, Mustard, Ketchup, Onions, Mayo, Relish, and of course, Jalopenos
Please bring your "protein" and a side dish or desert to share, and your liquid of choice.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 02-17-2020 02:18 PM

Thanks for sponsoring the picnic again Karl. Will plan to see you all there. Wishing for good weather. Will post to FB.

AZ Bob

RAMRobAZ 02-17-2020 02:30 PM

I’m hoping to have a fresh paint Cobra for this one.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 02-17-2020 02:32 PM

Thanks for scheduling this event again Karl. Will see you there with a large crowd and great weather.
Created an event on our FaceBook site. Put you as co-sponsor since event creator has to be a sponsor. https://www.facebook.com/events/1025420401175409/

AZ Bob

greg keller 02-17-2020 02:35 PM

Looking forward to being there and seeing everyone. Thanks Karl!

Karl Bebout 03-19-2020 11:31 AM

Seems like everything is getting canceled, postponed, or closed.

I've sent an eMail to the Tonto National Forrest office inquiring if there are any plans, at this time, of closing the facility. I'll report their response.

I'm all for having the picnic but also am anxious to see other's opinions. Whadday Think?

twobjshelbys 03-19-2020 12:24 PM

I'd keep it up for now. Closures here are tentatively for 30 days which would be right at the time so officials think things should be winding down. Of course things could change. Besides everyone will be full into cabin fever by then and the picnic would be a welcome break

MKS427 03-19-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Bebout (Post 1473524)
Whadday Think?

I'd say, leave it scheduled for now. 1 week prior, make a final decision based on the current information.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-19-2020 12:49 PM

Agree with Mark. There was no reservation or fee submitted. Could be cancelled day before if needed. Going stir crazy already. Just spent all morning measuring how much wattage is used by all 10 of my TVs. LCD vs LED, Old vs new, wattage vs screen size, etc. Yup, too much free time. That was after visiting 3 grocery stores.

AZ Bob

greg keller 03-21-2020 02:30 PM

I say go with the original plans and stay tuned to what’s going on. We can always cancel right up to the last day.

2bars 03-25-2020 03:47 PM

I agree, wait until the week prior. If the powers that be can make changes every day, so can we.

Karl Bebout 03-28-2020 08:50 AM

Last Sunday, Mrs. Sweetness and I were out for a drive, and went past Saguaro Lake. I thought I glimpsed a sign saying it would close the 23rd. Wasn't sure so I pulled into the Marina entrance and immediately got into a traffic jam. The rangers were turning away vehicles, not towing a boat. I asked the ranger if what I saw was correct, and "he didn't have time for questions but they'd be putting out a press release". "Yes" or "No" does take a lot of time, I guess.
Anyway, today's newspaper did have the article about all the national parks, campgrounds, and forests in AZ that have closed. Pretty much blows off our annual picnic. I didn't want to post anything until I was certain, since I really hate to post corrections, revisions, or retractions that can cause confooozun.
CRAPOLA

MKS427 03-28-2020 09:11 AM

IF IT IS SAFE to do so and the park is still closed, we could host it at our house.
Heads up, propane only here.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-28-2020 10:54 AM

Mighty nice of you to offer Mark. Sounds good to me. Will need some emailing by Paul once nailed down.
Thank You
AZ Bob