Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Coronado Trail Run 2022 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/145989-coronado-trail-run-2022-a.html)

KarlzEE Bebout 06-10-2022 10:52 AM

Coronado Trail Run 2022

Thank God that Summer's finally gotten here! 111° yesterday and higher temperatures are forecasted. Soooo, I though it was time to start thinking about this year's annual Coronado Trail run. How does Saturday, October 8th, returning on Sunday, the 9th sound? We should be mostly past our toasty temperatures, here in the Valley and it's early enough to not have truly nipply temperatures in Springerville/Eagar. The Best Western in Eager seemed to suit everyone, in the past. I've reserved 16 rooms on the ground floor (8 kings, 8 double queens) I'm waiting for a response from them about the pricing and I'll post what I hear.
Once again, I'll be taking the alternate route that goes up through New Mexico to Alpine, since I've not really had very good luck on the Trail.:eek:

twobjshelbys 06-10-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlzEE Bebout (Post 1507283)
Thank God that Summer's finally gotten here! 111° yesterday and higher temperatures are forecasted.

Yes, Vegas is finally in summer cycle. This spring has been really weird. The wind never stopped. I've been in the Grand Canyon when the south winds start in late morning. On one occasion we actually had white caps on the Colorado River. On another the wind was blowing the boats upstream! (we stopped for a couple of hours). The nature of the canyon - high walls, and of course, altitude going up, makes the upstream winds almost a guarantee if there is a low pressure system nearby. Later it brings the monsoon storms which can be awesome to witness if they are far enough away and really nasty if they are overhead.

KarlzEE Bebout 06-13-2022 11:52 AM

Yo Tony, you should take a little cruise down to AZ and go with us on the Coronado Trail run. We'd be happy to have you.

twobjshelbys 06-13-2022 02:08 PM

I came really close to doing the Rte 66 thing. The problem right now is that I can't plan that far ahead :). I'll keep watching this. Wish I had something more interesting than a pickup or Honda CRV :)

KarlzEE Bebout 06-13-2022 08:02 PM

Tony, plenty of time between now and then to spend a bunch and get a canyon carver.

C5GTO 06-16-2022 07:14 AM

How does this event work for those of us located in the Prescott area? What's the departure point and start time?

My wife and I are interested if the logistics aren't too ugly.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 06-16-2022 08:04 AM

Joel, The normal route starts from Apache Junction Saturday morning going up the Coronado Trail but, Juan & friends from the west side have designed a route north through Prescott, Yarnell, Sedona, etc to meet with the east side group at the motel in Eagar then down the Coronado Trail on Sunday.
Keep watch here and on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/1603098773246056

AZ Bob

MKS427 06-16-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB (Post 1507445)
Joel, The normal route starts from Apache Junction Saturday morning going up the Coronado Trail but, Juan & friends from the west side have designed a route north through Prescott, Yarnell, Sedona, etc to meet with the east side group at the motel in Eagar then down the Coronado Trail on Sunday.
Keep watch here and on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/1603098773246056

AZ Bob

West side leaves on Friday, down the Coronado Trail on Saturday, and stay both nights in Eager.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 06-16-2022 11:29 PM

OOPS, thanks Mark for the correction. My memory fades.

AZ Bob

KarlzEE Bebout 06-20-2022 01:00 PM

Best Western Eager Update:
I finally got ahold of TANA at the motel and our rate for both Friday and Saturday nights, October 7 & 8 will be $110.72+ taxes. I made sure to mention to her that several of the gang would be checking in Friday night so she said they could have the same rate as the people checking in Saturday.
Everyone will need to call the motel to make your own reservation and use your credit card but be sure to mention that you are with the Cobra group. ALSO Do not dial "one" for reservations but rather hold the line for the front desk to avoid confuzzion. 928-333-2540

Scotchman 10-04-2022 02:12 PM

Conflicting weather reports

The weather report on my Mac shows bad weather this weekend up north. It can and will change, for better or worse.
If you decide not to go, don't forget to cancel your reservation at the motel. Karl says you can do it by 4 pm the same day without a penalty. I would 24 hours in advance.
Hope the forecast improves, and maybe see you guys this weekend.

Bruce.huling 10-04-2022 06:51 PM

Hope it does. Will monitor. Ideas for alternate if it is raining up north?

Scotchman 10-05-2022 07:12 AM

I just spoke to Karl, he is cancelling his room that we were sharing. He contracted Covid yesterday, and is stuck back east. Lynn is negative so far.