Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Dan Gurney for President (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/146357-dan-gurney-president.html)

csx4910 11-03-2022 08:00 PM

Dan Gurney for President

1 Attachment(s)
Got to see an incredible collection of Shelby’s while at Sema in a private collection. We need Dan Gurney for President!

Harpoon PV2 11-03-2022 08:23 PM

Damn, I have reached the age I said I never would, where the above bumper sticker seems like just yesterday! Cheers, Dennis

CompClassics 11-03-2022 09:47 PM

That is the DGfP bumper sticker from the Cougar Trans Am program, I a original given to me by one of the SAI team mechanics.

Alfa02 11-04-2022 01:02 AM

We proudly displayed one on the back of Dad's 62 Volvo P-1800 (He made a special SS bracket, just for that bumper sticker ;) ) I was very fortunate to meet & shake his hand. Dan drove many times in the 60's-70's @ Pacific Raceways in Kent WA. Trans-Am, Group 7 (Pre Cam-Am cars) and F-5000's. He was always one of my HERO'S. I'm sure we all miss him greatly. Thanks, Ron, for the great picture. Cheers Tom.

1985 CCX 11-04-2022 07:00 AM

Well he is sharper and younger than Biden... :)

RVNDOC 11-04-2022 07:57 AM

I met him at Kent, WA when he was driving in the Trans-Am and I was a corner worker at that race. I'd vote for him in a nano-second! Super nice guy that could drive anything!

Alfa02 11-04-2022 09:13 AM

@RVNDOC, that's cool, my dad was SCCA head Pit Marshal from 1960-74 @ Pacific Raceways. I got to meet all the greats and near greats during those years. Did you know Jimmy Clark showed up for a USRRC in 1963 with a Lotus 30, it was Friday, and the Lotus kept overheating (Common for those) couldn't fix the problem, so he & Susie flew back to England that same day, While they were working on the Lotus, Jimmy asked why I wasn't in school (8yo), I say my dad would let me take a day off if it was a big race, He & Susie both said, "Stay in School" don't make this racing your whole life ;) Well you can see I never took Mr. Clark advice. Sitting there as an 8yo kid speaking with a F-1 World Champion, it still gives me "Goose Bumps" Susie said I was a "Proper little Gentleman" Cheers Tom.

fordracing65 11-05-2022 08:46 AM

But Biden is doing such an amazing job. He just went to all 54 states.

Jamo 11-05-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1511797)
But Biden is doing such an amazing job. He just went to all 54 states.

You know the rules. Regardless of how phuking stupid the idiot is...no politics.

MKS427 11-08-2022 06:29 AM

[Don't tempt me...]

sunman 11-08-2022 01:49 PM

[you either...]

86Sebring 11-11-2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1511778)
@RVNDOC, that's cool, my dad was SCCA head Pit Marshal from 1960-74 @ Pacific Raceways. I got to meet all the greats and near greats during those years. Did you know Jimmy Clark showed up for a USRRC in 1963 with a Lotus 30, it was Friday, and the Lotus kept overheating (Common for those) couldn't fix the problem, so he & Susie flew back to England that same day, While they were working on the Lotus, Jimmy asked why I wasn't in school (8yo), I say my dad would let me take a day off if it was a big race, He & Susie both said, "Stay in School" don't make this racing your whole life ;) Well you can see I never took Mr. Clark advice. Sitting there as an 8yo kid speaking with a F-1 World Champion, it still gives me "Goose Bumps" Susie said I was a "Proper little Gentleman" Cheers Tom.

Cool story, Tom, thanks for sharing

Alfa02 11-11-2022 05:00 PM

Thanks, 86Serbing ;) When you guys are ready, I'll tell you my story about Mark Donohue, in 68 @ the Kent Trans-Am race I spent the whole weekend with him, if he wasn't at the hotel or in the race car, I was his "Sidekick" I learned a LOT of racing tips that I used my entire career from Mark. Fun story, Cheers Tom.

86Sebring 11-12-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1511991)
Thanks, 86Serbing ;) When you guys are ready, I'll tell you my story about Mark Donohue, in 68 @ the Kent Trans-Am race I spent the whole weekend with him, if he wasn't at the hotel or in the race car, I was his "Sidekick" I learned a LOT of racing tips that I used my entire career from Mark. Fun story, Cheers Tom.

Wow, that is cool stuff. I am ready for the story, go on, Tom

Alfa02 11-12-2022 05:15 PM

I think I'll start a new tread on (All Cobra Talk) My Weekend with Mark, something like that, maybe tomorrow, weather this weekend isn't Cobra driving weather here. Cheers Tom.