Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   A Different New Years Day (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/146536-different-new-years-day.html)

KarlzEE Bebout 01-04-2023 10:04 AM

A Different New Years Day

Belated New Years Day Run.
Since the weather didn't cooperate let's do the 2023 New Years Day run this Saturday, 01/07/23. The AccuWeather forecast is for temperatures in the mid to upper 60°s and sunshine. It'll be a nice winter day. Yarnell was mentioned, and it's been a while since we've done it for NYD so that sounds like a plan. (it'll be a bit cooler there, 50°s but still sunny) Lift off from the beloved Chevron station at I17 and Carefree at 10am. Buzz on up through Wickenburg to Yarnell for eats at the Ranch House. Afterwards, go home as you choose. I'll probably go on up to Kirkland Jct and head on up to Bagdad before swinging back around to 93 to head home. Other options would be to slide on up to Prescott or just go back down through Wickenburg. Who is interested?

greg keller 01-04-2023 10:44 AM

Count me in.

JTMCOBRA 01-04-2023 03:35 PM

jim is going to haul me along again while gordon completes the $50,000 paint job on my car.

Bruce.huling 01-04-2023 08:03 PM

70% in. Probably will run up yarnell, the back to wicked berg for lunch, then back 303 home. Baghdad will put me out too long.

KarlzEE Bebout 01-05-2023 08:40 AM

JTM, hopefully you'll have a car by Rt 66. Knowing history, I won't hold my breath. :)

JTMCOBRA 01-05-2023 09:07 AM

i am all in for rt 66 run. visited gordon and car 4 weeks ago. front end/suspension has all been rebuilt - looks great and definite improvement over what was there previously. new disc brakes are on. at this point needs engine/transmission (on site) installed wired, plumbed, front clip (on site) installed and then painted. i will visit again end of january - target date is end of february. long journey however finished product will be a much better and safer car. BTW - gordon said seat belt harnesses were not properly secured (bolted into fiberglass) and he is surprised they held me.....

KarlzEE Bebout 01-05-2023 05:33 PM

Jan, see you Saturday morning. Dress warmly but it all should be dry and sunny.

NoVA Cobra 01-06-2023 06:33 AM

We'd love to go, but I'm working on the 500 this weekend in prep for a Shelby event in LA we're going to next weekend. I have the rear end on the floor and parts are due in tomorrow. Doing front lower control arms and tie rod ends as well. Been feeling a bit loose for a while.

Bruce.huling 01-06-2023 06:45 AM

Hi kkkarl. I’m in. See you.

KarlzEE Bebout 01-06-2023 07:10 AM

John, sorry you can't make the drive but Fords always need attention. :)

BBBBruce, see youse Saturday.

DrDuc 01-06-2023 05:55 PM

I'll be there. Looks like a nice day for a drive.

KarlzEE Bebout 01-06-2023 06:20 PM

Doc, with the Cobra or the JAFM?

DrDuc 01-07-2023 07:08 AM

It's a surprise!