Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Copper State 1000 April 16, 2023 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/146719-copper-state-1000-april-16-2023-a.html)

KarlzEE Bebout 03-13-2023 11:39 AM

Copper State 1000 April 16, 2023

For those of you that have never been to the launching of the Copper State 1000, you have missed something special. This is the 33rd running of the rally that covers 1000 miles of scenic Arizona roads by pre-1974 vehicles. MANY worth over $1M. They gather inside the Tempe Diablo baseball stadium and spectators are welcome to see them up close and personal by walking among them. The event is free for spectators and is a great way to spend a Sunday morning. For me, the greatest aspect is that these are cars are being driven and enjoyed. The last time I attended, there were 6 original Cobras and they didn't constitute the most expensive or exotic of the bunch.
As mentioned, the Date is April 16, 2023 and the stadium opens about 9am. There is also a nice car show out in the stadium parking lot that is also free of charge.

Alfa02 03-13-2023 07:31 PM

Birthday Present

Welllll...... Karlos, since you're always wondering what to get me for my birthday (April 16) I have an idea :D Wait you've never got me a Birthday present, well here's a way to fix that :rolleyes: Now it would have to be round trip, No hitch-hiking my way home, I highly doubt anyone will pick up a 67yo, wait by then a 68yo man. I'll be sitting next to my mailbox starting tomorrow waiting for those tickets to show up. Now no disappointing an old man, that would be cruel :LOL::LOL::LOL: You're move Buddy, Cheers Tom.

KarlzEE Bebout 03-13-2023 08:31 PM

TommyRot....You'll probably be waiting for those tickets about as long as I waited for you in Texas or Boulder.....

Alfa02 03-13-2023 09:49 PM

Nice come back Mr. Bebout, I expected nothing less :) Cheers TommyRot.

KarlzEE Bebout 04-10-2023 08:31 AM

Itza comin. This coming Sunday. If youse don't check this out, you will have definitely missed something uber interesting. For me, it's so totally cool that people take these multi gazillion dollar cars out and actually DRIVE them. WooHoo :)

And....there will be lots of nifty lesser cars in the ball yard's parking lot....and it's all FREE!

Alfa02 04-10-2023 09:42 PM

Maybe some photo's Karlos, for those who just can't seem to make it down there. I'll take that as my Birthday present. Okey-Dokey Hoeky ;) TommyRot.

MKS427 04-11-2023 03:34 PM

I'll be there. Cucina Madrigal afterwards. They open at 11.

DrDuc 04-11-2023 10:47 PM

Sounds like fun. I'll be there.

NoVA Cobra 04-12-2023 10:21 AM

We went last year and were blown away with the collection. I think we'll try again this year. Should be beautiful weather.

MasterAnubis 04-12-2023 10:45 AM

I just read that closer. I'm within walking distance of the stadium, so I hope I can meet some of you guys again.

MKS427 04-14-2023 05:39 PM

Highway closures

Closures on on SB I-17 and EB I-10 this weekend. az511.gov

Scotchman 04-19-2023 09:30 AM

No Pics ??????