Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   tranny work in Phoenix area (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/38570-tranny-work-phoenix-area.html)

JoeLafives 02-10-2003 08:14 PM

tranny work in Phoenix area

does anyone have a preference for Transmission work in Mesa/Phx. My toploader is a bit under the weather.

Thanks

btsai 02-11-2003 07:06 PM

How 'bout Gordon?

JoeLafives 02-14-2003 02:56 PM

I think he only does the more current stuff and I'm looking for local toploader help.

Randy Resetar 02-14-2003 03:09 PM

Joe...Take it to brain Duffee.269-6961

azguy2000 02-15-2003 12:49 PM

take it to cottman transmissions.....I think they are in Mesa,Mark Salem recommends them.

JoeLafives 02-24-2003 10:55 AM

Actually when I talked to Cottman and several other shops they were completely confused as to what a toploader was. .e. they thought it meant that the shifter was mounted on the top of the tranny.

anyway I took it to the Mustang shop on Elliott and Arizona Ave in chandler (reasonably close to my house ) they knew toploaders since they see'm every day in old tang's. Work was done well if a bit pricy. So now that it's on the road again, the next step is paint and I'll be dropping it off there tomorro

Ron Allen 02-25-2003 10:50 AM

Joe, contact Travis Blazer cell number--- 602-769-4130. He lives in Chandler and is very knowledgeable in all tranny work. Tell him I sent you.

mikiec 02-25-2003 10:52 AM

Hey, Ron...

How's the car doing? Are you letting the wife drive?

Sorry I missed you when you were here last.

Mike

Ron Allen 02-26-2003 09:20 PM

Mike- The car is almost finished- thanks to Travis- I have been down to Mesa several times and have had a ball driving it. No the wife is not up to it yet but does enjoy riding along. We plan to drive it up to Seattle in late April. First I need to get the top fitted- I spoke with Bob Fitzgerald tonight and he recommended the Top Shop in Phoenix. Do you know anything about this shop? We plan on coming down next week. We should try to get together and go for a drive.

mikiec 02-27-2003 06:33 AM

Ron,

Have not heard of the top shop. However, if Fitz recommends them then give them a try.

call me when you get into town.

Mike

Randy Resetar 02-27-2003 07:51 AM

Ron...I had the top shop do my 427 car for rdorman when he bought it. They do an awsome job but plan on spending 2500.00 for the top...RR

rdorman 02-27-2003 08:12 AM

tranny and top

Call David Kee and have him ship you a new one and send yours back as a core! Sooo easy and probably no more expensive then any local shop.

The Top Shop. Like Randy said, FIRST class work. I drove the car home 2000 miles at high speeds in high wind and the top never, never misbehaved. No huge balloning, no flapping, nothing. Not even a lift-a-dot pulled loose on the entire trip. And it looks very, very nice. Seems to me labor and material (not the frames and side curtains) was about $1500 or so. Don't exactly recall. But you say 'get the top fitted' so it sounds like you have the top, just needs........ er, well....... fitted! Either way Terry at the top shop will take good care of you.

Rick

mikiec 02-27-2003 08:45 AM

Ron,

If Randy says they do good work then they must.

Mike

JoeLafives 02-27-2003 08:22 PM

Boy did we get off topic :) Anyway Tranny is fixed and working fine.

mikiec 02-27-2003 09:07 PM

Scott...

All threads are subject to theft...:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

See you soon

Mike