Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Speed World day at drags 3 Nov. 2007 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/82338-speed-world-day-drags-3-nov-2007-a.html)

greg schroeder 09-20-2007 03:11 PM

Speed World day at drags 3 Nov. 2007

Speed World day at drags 3 Nov. 2007

The event is open to all. It would be nice to see a group of Cobras take advantage of this day given we will be allowed to run down to 10.0 passes without roll cage. The last time I went with the club I had the helmet and a jacket and they didn't give me any problems for my Cobra. Any additional safety equipment is always nice. Further details will be updated in the link above.

Mulv 09-20-2007 06:50 PM

How do you pay for SECC events if you can't do PayPal?

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 09-20-2007 10:19 PM

Karl's out playing in Thialand but I'm sure he will be interested. I might make it too.

AZ Bob

Karl Bebout 09-21-2007 08:39 AM

I'm not in Thailand yet, just the jungles of Jacksonville. We go to Thailand 10-02 and will be back in plenty of time for the 11/03 fun. My car will even be legal, at least from a roll cage standpoint, by then. Its now in Terry's shop getting side incursion bars fabricated. He did such a great job on my roll bar and I think we've figured out a way to make legal removable side bars. I'll pick the car up next Tuesday, after I've gotten home.
Hope Speedworld has better traction than the last time I was there for the SECC day. I'd like to see 10's again and the last time the best I could do was 11.25. We shall see.

mikiec 09-21-2007 09:20 AM

That beats my best time...

I think it was about 60 seconds.

Enjoy Thailand. I was stationed there many years ago.

Mike

greg schroeder 09-21-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulv
How do you pay for SECC events if you can't do PayPal?

You can show up and pay. I think the drag day was about 40 bucks last time. It's really cool. Nobody is really trying to beat the other guy, well some are, but it's all in fun. I'm more interested in just improving my personal best trap speed and time.

Last time I went I made about six passes just testing stuff, jets and such. At the end of the day I made a final run that was pretty good. I'll probably be dialed in pretty good this time right off the bat. If it's not raining the day should be incredible, even for just watching the other cars.

Try to make sure your car isn't going to leak anything. That always sucks when they have to clean the track for an hour.

RedBarchetta 09-21-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg schroeder
At the end of the day I made a final run that was pretty good.

Yeah...high 10's are just "pretty good." :LOL: :eek: :LOL:

Stop being so modest, Greg...your car screams and there's probably another .15-.20 in there somewhere. Good luck and let us know how you do.

-Dean

mikiec 09-21-2007 03:34 PM

Greg....

Leak.. does wetting your pants count :) :)

Mike

ItBites 09-21-2007 05:14 PM

Greg,

Sorry for my car blowing water on the track last time. Didn't mean to bum you out... Sometimes mechanical failures happen.

I guess I'll un-invite myself this round :(

Karl Bebout 09-24-2007 08:08 AM

Eric, if you've got that monster 540 ready to go, you should plan on coming out. You're welcome to borrow my BFG drag radials to get some more traction, if you'd like. They are mounted on 4 3/4 wheels.

vettestr 09-24-2007 08:46 AM

Hey Karlos,
What is the backspace on your spare drag skins? I may come out and give you somebody to send the track officials too. I can only get bounced off the track for times under their limit once so time it well.

Karl Bebout 09-24-2007 10:12 AM

Good Morning Jeff, I'll get back into town tomorrow and will measure the wheels. The tires are those 345.55.15's that are 30" tall and about 12" tread. You're certainly welcome to try them, if we can get them to fit. I do have a sazall.

vettestr 09-24-2007 10:22 AM

You're certainly welcome to try them, if we can get them to fit. I do have a sazall.__________________
Karlos

You are just a stand up guy !!!!! Thanks, but I already have a perfectly good chainsaw if we need it ! My arms do get tired though - it is heavy and takes a while to drag n push through stuff if very thick

Karl Bebout 09-24-2007 12:26 PM

Well. my sazall is nice and light and I've even got some new blades so we could keep the fraying to a minimum. I'll even bring a sharpie so we can mark an outline to see how far off the cuts are.
Always willing to help.

greg schroeder 10-01-2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItBites
Greg,

Sorry for my car blowing water on the track last time. Didn't mean to bum you out... Sometimes mechanical failures happen.

I guess I'll un-invite myself this round :(

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was referring to a particular incident. I meant no harm at all, but just want the event to be safe as possible as tech inspection is pretty much a glance at the car and a helmet for the event. For all I know I could dump fluid on the track like the last time I snapped a half shaft out of my differential. I understand stuff happens.