Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Arntz/Butler Forum

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree13Likes
  • 7 Post By dubaicobra
  • 2 Post By leroy17
  • 1 Post By twin turbo
  • 3 Post By 750hp

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2015, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Skype™ to dubaicobra
Not Ranked     
Default A 1000 hp butler finally landed in desert

Hi everyone

just purchased this monster , trying to track the history of the built and previous owners.

One of a kind 1966 Cobra replica that will run in the low 9's with out nitros and has gone 200 mph. Definetly one of the fastest,quickest street cars out there.The frame and body is Butler racing(Ron Butler was Carol Shelby's crew chief). Engine is a 509 ci big block chevy by Fast Times, dynoed at 700 hp naturally aspirated and 1000 hp w/nitros.Nitros has never been used except when dynoed. .700 inch lift street roller cam w/ 10.8 compression on pump gas, Brodix 2 heads,1050 cfm Holley annular discharge, msd ignition.Engine is set back 10' in the frame making it at almost 50/50 weight distribution. Drive shaft is only 12' long. Richmond 5 speed trans w/ hurst custom linkage mounted at front of trans for superior shifting.Trans is under driven in 1st gear 3.54 making the rear end like a 456 but is a 3.0 in 5th gear.Rear end is a c.w.i. 9' ford w/a custom housing, a Strange nodular iron center section w/ power lock and 31 spline stainless stub axles.Rear suspension has 4 adjustable coil overs both in ride height and dampening,custom traction control bars, a 7/8 adjustable sway bar and inboard 4 piston wilwood brakes.Front suspension is a Meyer Racing w/ coleman quick ratio rack and pinion, 2 coil overs fully adjustable w/tubular control arms w/ adjustable uppers and heim joints steering arms designed to eliminate bump steer. Also has a 1 1/16 adjustable sway bar w/ 4 piston wilwood brakes. This car handles like it is on rails. Wheels are 3 piece by Youngblood measuring 10x15 in front and 12x 15 in the rear w/ Hoosier road racing tires all 4 corners w/ 1/2'x3' wheel studs.Roll bar is a 3' 3 point chrome molly. Headers are ceramic coated w/ steel side exhaust. 18 gallon fuel cell, twin pusher fans in front w/ oil cooler. Signed wood Nardi steering wheel w/ Smith Gauges. 2 ten pound nitros bottles in the trunk.

1966 Shelby Cobra 1000hp Replica (2007-08-15-07HEA35)

thanks
Old 07-02-2015, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

That is a monster that I had only read that article before.

Wow, take a whole lot of pics and tell what its like to drive.
albanycobra and dubaicobra like this.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy17 View Post
That is a monster that I had only read that article before.

Wow, take a whole lot of pics and tell what its like to drive.
today was supposed to have our first ride , but 300m then we had the front brakes locked, Saturday we will check what exactly happened
Old 07-03-2015, 10:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Nice looking car and interesting description. I have to wonder if that low 9 second claim is theoretical, tough to do with a manual transmission and those Butler's are not light. Make sure you're pointed straight if you ever decide to hit that nitrous. Congrats.
dubaicobra likes this.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on the purchase. I saw elsewhere that the car had been purchased a few months ago buy "Tarek". Is that you? Did you buy it in Dubai, or did you have it shipped to you?
Like Leroy, I'd love to see some recent pictures of the car (and video of that monster engine running!)

If the car hadn't been driven for a while, there might be a bit of work to do to rcommission it. Fluids, master cylinders and caliper pistons might all be things to look at/replace.

It's a lovely car - I can't wait to see more of it!
Donunder, Tengu and dubaicobra like this.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. I saw elsewhere that the car had been purchased a few months ago buy "Tarek". Is that you? Did you buy it in Dubai, or did you have it shipped to you?
Like Leroy, I'd love to see some recent pictures of the car (and video of that monster engine running!)

If the car hadn't been driven for a while, there might be a bit of work to do to rcommission it. Fluids, master cylinders and caliper pistons might all be things to look at/replace.

It's a lovely car - I can't wait to see more of it!
Yap that's me Tarek , No I purchased the car from the US and it was shipped to Dubai ( would you mind me asking how did you know my name )

there are allot of things to look for , Thats what keeps us busy right now , brakes was solved no issue ...
tomorrow replacing engine oil ( btw if anyone here has a knowledge about a good replacement of WIX 51515R oil filter ( we have limited parts here and mainly what we have is from Motocraft and K&N )

little leak coming out from the gear , so we will wash it up good and look where are the drops coming from exactly !

what you guys recommend for motor oil ? its a 509ci big block chevy

thanks and I will keep you all posted
Old 07-04-2015, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin turbo View Post
Nice looking car and interesting description. I have to wonder if that low 9 second claim is theoretical, tough to do with a manual transmission and those Butler's are not light. Make sure you're pointed straight if you ever decide to hit that nitrous. Congrats.
waiting till all the services done and then will go for a flat spot in between the sand dunes pointed straight and kick the reds as its illegal to run nitrous here

thanks

Tags
1966 cobra, arntz butler, arntz butler cobra, butler

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: