Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Ask Mike Forte (Forte's Parts) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ask-mike-forte-fortes-parts/)
-   -   Forte's is 29 years old (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ask-mike-forte-fortes-parts/108309-fortes-29-years-old.html)

mikeforte 12-28-2010 07:07 PM

Forte's is 29 years old

Hi Guys,

Well it's been over 29 years as Forte's Parts Connection now. I have a hard time believing so many years have gone by. To think I became a WD for Doug Nash Engineering in 1982, WD For McLeod 1982, Lakewood 1983, Ford Racing 1985 and so on........... and so many other companies. WOW!!!
I can see the years in the mirror when I see the gray haired man that was just in his mid 20's. I used to have almost black hair. My draft card says I weigh just 155 lbs.
I've lived well and want to thank everyone for their past and present business and friendships too & especially my parents & family.

Mike Forte

timsullivan 12-28-2010 08:01 PM

Congratulations Mike. I'm satisfied with all the parts I bought from you and felt like you treated me fair and square. I suspect that's why you've been as successful as you have been to date. Best wishes to your future success.

-Tim

john chesnut 12-28-2010 08:47 PM

Congratulations Mike!

Pete Munroe 12-28-2010 09:13 PM

congratulations

Mike,

Quite an accomplishment to keep a company going for 29 years.

Personally I have been very pleased with the shifter relocation kit I bought from you for my TKO a few years back.

Kudos and much success in the New Year for you and company.

...OH, about that weight on the old draft card...and the gray hair...

Personally, I have noticed...a LOT more of former and a lot LESS of the latter...( God bless whats left, even if it is gray...! )

Pete

wrogers55 12-28-2010 10:37 PM

Mike, that's a great accomplishment, especially in a business that has a habit of eating its young. Congratulations!

twobjshelbys 12-29-2010 08:43 AM

Happy Birthday!

Thanks for having the magic recipe to getting my clutch woes resolved!

Seagull81 12-29-2010 03:33 PM

Congratulations Mike! WOW 29 years. Keep it going.

sspano01 12-29-2010 08:09 PM

my clutch fork and external slave for my T56 & BBF works great! THanks again and congratulations.

jdean 12-29-2010 10:42 PM

Congratulations Mike. That is quite an accomplishment!

eschaider 12-29-2010 11:10 PM

Something to be very proud of Mike.

Thanks for being there for us when we need you.

Ed

Jamo 12-29-2010 11:47 PM

Congrats Mike...the most important thing is that you're a true gentleman who has lent a hand to many folks around, whether they are your customers or not.

PANAVIA 12-30-2010 02:50 AM

Congrats mike, that is a long haul, you have been doing this since they put the T5 in the mustang (1983)!

Oh and happy birthday fellow Capricorn !

Steve

xlr8or 12-30-2010 08:23 AM

Mike theres a reason you've been at this gig for 29 years. You're doing it right.
I and many others have always been happy with your products and service.

mikeforte 12-30-2010 08:11 PM

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the kind thoughts and business too!!!
Yesterday I had a party at my store with 80+ local friends, family & customers that have known me since high school & before that too...
We had a great time at the party. I included as many as I could remember from my beginings in the parts business and becoming a gearhead. I'm proud to say that I'm staying at this business as long as everyone keeps giving me the reason to return everyday.
I think I'll put a tour of my business on my website. Then you can see some of the stuff I've been doing for a long long time.
Thanks again for all of your support.

Happy 2011 Guys!!!

Mike Forte

tkb289 12-30-2010 09:21 PM

Mike,

I am probably one of your most recent customers ... looking forward to running the clutch setup and transmission you are setting up for me to use in my ERA, which will hopefully be on the road early next year.

Congratulations on 29 years!

ebustin 12-30-2010 09:50 PM

Thanks Mike for all that you do...HAPPY BIRTHDAY

mdross1 10-22-2013 04:30 AM

Sorry I missed the celebration but it is never too late to congratulate you now over 30yrs in business. The wife and I took a ride down to see you in your new shop many years ago picked up a new Tremec TKO along with clutch plate and aluminum flywheel for our 460 powered Cobra. We remember you having jet black hair and being so helpful and friendly.
We still have our Cobra and love it, our hair is more than likely the same shade of white what little of it there is.
Take care and congratulations again.
Mike and Nanine Ross