Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Aussie Nationals Controversy (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/100070-aussie-nationals-controversy.html)

Aussie Mike 10-04-2009 04:40 PM

Aussie Nationals Controversy

I hear a rumor that the trophy for "Most Original Cobra" went to a Dark Sider

Oh the shame!!! :CRY::CRY::CRY:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Tenrocca 10-04-2009 05:20 PM

Little bit embarressed about that one. :o:o. I think the judges liked my car cos it was a little unusual and interpreted original as "different" rather the authentic? Stefs car is by far the best original cobra - and I think we all know that. (Dont worry, Im still going to bring it up EVERY time the Ford v Chev argument comes up :):))

Happier with an unofficial 1;15 (Dry - practice, wet was heaps slower on Sunday) on a new car with 300km's on the clock, an iphone wheel alignment and Ive never been on a track before and wearing a Oxford St scooter riders helmet. It was freakin AWESOME fun. :D:D:D

STEPHEN BROHOLM 10-04-2009 05:29 PM

Congratulations Andrew!

Rebel1 10-04-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Mike (Post 990014)
I hear a rumor that the trophy for "Most Original Cobra" went to a Dark Sider

Oh the shame!!! :CRY::CRY::CRY:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I see nothing controversial about this ... well deserved. :)

Aussie Mike 10-04-2009 06:20 PM

I think it's great and a big Congratulations to Andrew. well deserved after all the hard work you've put it.

I just like stirring up the Ford guys. :p

Rebel1 10-04-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Mike (Post 990070)
I just like stirring up the Ford guys. :p

Ermmm ...... me too. :LOL::LOL:

Merv and Sharon 10-04-2009 06:29 PM

Congratulations Andrew. The car looks just great. Perhaps the term "original" needs reviewing or defining as one could not build a car to the 'standard' of the first and have it registered in Australia anymore. Other countries maybe, but not here. As you say "authentic" has a particular meaning. There is a "spirit of the Cobra" in all of these cars.

Well done,

Merv

boxhead 10-04-2009 10:00 PM

I still think that Andrews car is more original than a real one, as we all know Mr Shelby wanted to fit a chev engine, but was not allowed, so he built a replica (of his original vision) by fitting the Ford donk.
So I vote that Andrews is more original than the real ones.

:)

Sorry all you Ford guys, this opportunity will not come often.

BJ's Snake 10-04-2009 10:59 PM

And I got the great mans signature. Look out for Andrew Cornett signed glovebox lids on EBay real soon. ;)

Cheers

AC COB 10-05-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxhead (Post 990147)
I still think that Andrews car is more original than a real one, as we all know Mr Shelby wanted to fit a chev engine, but was not allowed, so he built a replica (of his original vision) by fitting the Ford donk.
So I vote that Andrews is more original than the real ones.

Sorry all you Ford guys, this opportunity will not come often.

I have to say this is by far the most convincing argument I have heard for fitting a Chev to a Cobra and the fact that the originals (Ford powered) are indeed replicas and the now replicas with Chevs are indeed originals!

Gav 10-05-2009 06:04 PM

Well done Andy!

Shelby would have had EFI if it was available too!

Merv and Sharon 10-05-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC COB (Post 990443)
I have to say this is by far the most convincing argument I have heard for fitting a Chev to a Cobra and the fact that the originals (Ford powered) are indeed replicas and the now replicas with Chevs are indeed originals!

I am not sure if Shelby ever made one of these. I do seem to recall that he tried to get Healey involved before AC, so maybe we should celebrate that too? There are probably Healeys with Holden motors out there? What he might have done, or should have done ....what he did do was make the world-beating Ford Cobra! Pity about our modern day bureaucrats.

Merv
:JEKYLHYDE

boxhead 10-05-2009 06:58 PM

Merv, we dont want to make it too confusing, so I like my versions best :)

Vote 1 for LS series most original.

Merv and Sharon 10-05-2009 11:49 PM

Just stirring the pot in the other direction ... now where are them Ford decals?