Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Nice Arse (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/102474-nice-arse.html)

stiffy 01-31-2010 03:33 PM

Nice Arse

The Daytona is off to the trimmers today :3DSMILE::3DSMILE:

I have gone over board with DYNAMAT and heat shield, its added about 50kg's to the car,,,:eek::eek: I hope it works like it say's on the box...

Just need to fit a couple vents to the bonnet, fit the head light covers and paint.

Redo the rear window, tune, wheel alighment, gas the A/C unit and a few smaller things and it will be on the road again........
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...m/DSCF2547.JPG
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...m/DSCF2549.JPG
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...m/DSCF2550.JPG

VERY HAPPY STIFFY

boxhead 01-31-2010 03:37 PM

You should be a very happy Stiffy.

So will she be back together in time to make an appearance at Shelbyfest (even as a spectator)?

richardferguson 01-31-2010 03:41 PM

Very, very good Stiff.
How much you want for it?

Merv and Sharon 01-31-2010 03:53 PM

Looking good! Tony had his new Daytona at the Cobra Breakfast in Qld yesterday and it also looks brilliant. Great motor with Trickflow heads and very smooth.

stiffy 01-31-2010 04:07 PM

Doctor

Rich,

I want your first child, Medical Certificates, free operations for life and $200k. :3DSMILE::3DSMILE:

STIFF

richardferguson 01-31-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffy (Post 1024328)
Rich,

I want your first child, Medical Certificates, free operations for life and $200k. :3DSMILE::3DSMILE:

STIFF

And I thought it might be complicated. Now, let's start with the operations.....

stiffy 01-31-2010 04:32 PM

Operation

Rich,

Quote:

And I thought it might be complicated. Now, let's start with the operations.....
Is there such an operation......:LOL::LOL:

STIFF

LoBelly 01-31-2010 05:57 PM

lovely

looking forward to seeing her in the flesh :)

LoBelly

Baz 01-31-2010 10:02 PM

Congratulations Stiffy. The Daytona looks unreala.

Baz

BMK 02-01-2010 12:22 PM

MMMmmm asking a Surgeon for free operations..:confused:

Especially a Eurologist..:confused:

Take 14 days of Liquid Anodrol followed by 14 days of Liquid S4 and if the size is suitable see your neighbours...:LOL:

www.dailyplanet.com.au

:eek:..off the Thread topic..:confused:..you did title it nice arse..:LOL:

gjkrv8 02-01-2010 01:02 PM

Hi Stiffy,

Luv the Daytona in its painted colours.

What product did you end up using for Heat Shield?

Rgds

Gregg

stiffy 02-01-2010 01:40 PM

Papers

BMK,

I cannot seem to find the on-line paper, for a newspaper it has a lot of page 3 girls/////////:rolleyes:

Gregg,

I used a mixture of DEI tunnel shield (bloody exy, $280 for 1/2 Square)
and DEI peel on for the rest (used 5 x 1.2 meter square) plus some alu/fyber panels on the inside & outside body where the side pipes are. AND DYNAMAT in the boot, doors. I havent used it in the cabin as I dont think it will last with the heat. I will see how the other heat shields will go.
The trimmer is also adding heat resistant underfelt.
You might be asking yourself why so much heat shield... When I was driving it to the Engineers (cloudy day about 20 deg) I was losing 1KG of sweat per Kilometre.:CRY: This was without any heat shield, carpet, coated pipes, holes in the firewall and the A/C not connected. The above might
help.:LOL::LOL:

STIFFY

sambo 02-01-2010 04:47 PM

Stiffy, I'm expecting a fair bit of heat from the underbody system in my Cobra and with the cats located next to the bellhousing. But you've got active side pipes (I presume)... where is all that radiant heat coming into the cabin from?

Loving that paint job by the way. :)

lovehamr 02-01-2010 06:56 PM

Stiffy, that is a nice booty man!........................the car's.......:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 1024566)
Especially a Eurologist..:confused:

Is that like a surgeon who removes Eurotrash from your booty?:LOL:

Steve

stiffy 02-01-2010 08:41 PM

Heat

SAMBO,

The car was getting HOT as the cats were at your feet, there was no insulation and aluminium internal panels. The A/C wasn't connected, no flow through air, black gel coat, the exhaust ran past both sides and exited at the rear (no insulation or CNC coating). And the car seems to keep its heat, I think its the flat bottom, the radiator air exiting from infront of the windscreen
and no engine bay venting. So I have spent a heap of time attemtping to get it fixed. Fingers crossed.

STIFFY

richardferguson 02-03-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovehamr (Post 1024701)
Stiffy, that is a nice booty man!........................the car's.......:)

Is that like a surgeon who removes Eurotrash from your booty?:LOL:

Steve

Sort of. But taking the pi$$ is our bread and butter;)

Rob. Smith 02-04-2010 12:32 AM

Ceramic coating on the headers does wonders...I built a Mustang that was producing temps of 50 deg C from the engine bay...too hot for the A/C intake. I had the headers coated inside and out by HPC and the engine bay temp dropped to 39 deg C. Wonderful stuff.

trularin 02-04-2010 04:38 AM

Are you bringin that thing to London this year?

:LOL:

ac andy 02-05-2010 02:50 AM

Stiffys car looks even better up close! Really looking good mate, well done!

Andy.

BMK 02-06-2010 01:06 PM

Trularin

I would say no as he is spending tons of money on his garage. See his garage Thread/Updates.

Not sure if anyone is heading to London, Ohio this year.

Great event though and is certainly one to visit at least once. There are very few towns that encourage drag racing a full quarter of a mile down the main street...:3DSMILE:

Bernie