Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   cobra driver dies (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/103617-cobra-driver-dies.html)

besso 03-28-2010 04:05 AM

cobra driver dies

A man in his 50s was driving a replica Cobra convertible east on Three Bridges Road, Horsham, when he lost control, causing the car to roll and hit a drain.

His 23-year-old passenger freed himself from the upturned vehicle.

Rebel1 03-28-2010 04:49 AM

Very sad, I sure hope it's not some-one we know :CRY:.

Respects to the loved ones of the deceased driver.

Ron61 03-28-2010 05:38 AM

:(

This is indeed sad and my prayers to the family. The Las Vegas Cobra Club had a similar incident that was posted yesterday I believe it is. Hope the old saying that bad things come in 3s doesn't apply here. All take care and be careful..

Ron

jhv48 03-28-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron61 (Post 1039462)
:(

This is indeed sad and my prayers to the family. The Las Vegas Cobra Club had a similar incident that was posted yesterday I believe it is. Hope the old saying that bad things come in 3s doesn't apply here. All take care and be careful..

Ron

Unfortunately bad things do come in threes.

The Factory Five guys held their annual Pines to Palms drive through the mountains down to Palm Desert and back yesterday.

We lost one of our GTM's when he spun on the mountain road, hit the guard rail and ended up on the uphill rocks. Car probably totaled. Driver unhurt!

Hopefully that's all for now!

WardL 03-28-2010 11:05 AM

In these unfortunate events, did the Cobras have IRS or solid rear axles?

stephen low 03-28-2010 01:02 PM

Does anyone know who the Horsham fellow was? That's sad and a such a waste.

Police were harping on speed this morning on the radio as the road toll is at an all time high.

Reckon the Easter blitz will be even bigger now but I'll just be pottering in the shed a good place to avoid any carnage.

Drive safe guys and gals!

OZCOBRA 03-28-2010 03:29 PM

Certainly a sad story,thoughts go to his family and friends and for a quick recovery to the the passenger!!

Easter blitz will be just as pointed ,but people will still not heed the warnings and drive to the conditions...sadly until they are personally TOUCHED BY THE ROAD TOLL they will continue to put themselves and others at risk..

Merv and Sharon 03-28-2010 04:14 PM

Very very sad when these things happen. Most of our accidents in QLD seem to involve trucks in some way. This however, was a single vehicle incident it seems. Condolences to the family and friends.

OZCOBRA 03-28-2010 09:17 PM

Saddened to here the driver was Robert McClure ..Our thoughts go to his wife Barbara and families for their loss..
http://www.mailtimes.com.au/news/loc...t/1788734.aspx

boxhead 03-28-2010 10:08 PM

Never good to see one belly up, it just shows how little protection they actually have.
The pictured car may not have a roll bar but even if it does there is a fair chance it would just dig in and bury into the ground.
Condolences to the family and friends.

Does anybody know the family?

Philm 03-29-2010 01:20 AM

A sad day.

I agree Boxhead, it sends a chill down your spine to see one like that.

*Cobber* 03-29-2010 01:20 AM

Very sad news indeed.

Again thoughts go out to the family.

stephen low 03-29-2010 01:38 AM

Wonder if Trevor Simkins knew him?

Too small a town not for fellow cobraphiles to know each other's passion.

Condolences to the family and friends.

Steve

LoBelly 03-29-2010 05:41 AM

I think Trevor is in Kialla near Shepparton

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...oria+australia

but you never know...

LB

OZCOBRA 03-29-2010 06:09 AM

Bernie might well know him one would think..??

Bill Bess 03-29-2010 06:14 AM

Very sad day for all cobra owners. How often have you come a little close to losing it, or being hit in your cobra.
Slow down, be smart and safe, best wishes to family and friends.
Bill

stephen low 03-29-2010 04:23 PM

Sorry your right Michael but then as you say - you never know.

Black Mamba 03-29-2010 04:49 PM

Article made him sound like a real great guy, so sad to see the good go so young. Prayers for the family.

BMK 04-02-2010 03:41 AM

I did not know him. I first thought it may have been an Edenhope car.

But I do not know him.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

boxhead 04-20-2010 04:45 PM

Further info regarding this sad accident.
I have been contacted by a forum member from another site and was advised the driver had suffered a heart attack thus causing the accident.

I have also provided a link for the other forum member to see this thread.