Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Electric Fan Radiator (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/106929-electric-fan-radiator.html)

Trevor W 09-28-2010 03:06 AM

Electric Fan Radiator

Help!!!!!!!!
I am trying to source a 16" S blade radiator fan 12volt @ a resonable cost.
Thus far I have found Davies Craig internet @ $220-00 (straight blade) to a local parts shop @ $ 600-00 S blade plus relay T/stat etc. I prefer the S blade it is more efficient and quieter.
So any contacts would be appreciated.
A curly one has any one got a economical conversion of Sine Wave sender G/Box to Hall Effect compatible to Falcon au11 electronics.
Last but not least Ford Alternator 3 pin plug for above Falcon 02 model.
Thoughts Please
Trevor W

letsboogie351 09-28-2010 03:39 PM

I got my fan with curved blades for around $70 posted to my door, It was an ebay item

Doug

Trevor W 09-28-2010 04:57 PM

Thanks Doug
can you remember if the seller was a retailer if so can I have a name.
Revor w

Wbulk 09-28-2010 05:04 PM

Spal fan from the Fan Man. They also have the relay wiring kit with thermostat. Good price, fast service.
Sorry, didn't realize where you were.

letsboogie351 09-28-2010 05:56 PM

Trevor
it was from a retailer in Sydney but I don't have the contact number. Here is a similar item located in Sydney
go to ebay and search for item number 250701780694

Doug

Trevor W 09-30-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wbulk (Post 1080725)
Spal fan from the Fan Man. They also have the relay wiring kit with thermostat. Good price, fast service.
Sorry, didn't realize where you were.

Thanks for your thoughts I Have been put onto a Sydney Aust. dealer $A49-00 ea, don't come any cheaper I thought so I bought 2 for back up.
Now to deal with real problem how to convert the g/box sender from Sine Wave to Hall Effect with out breaking the bank.
Regards
Trevor W

Trevor W 09-30-2010 02:31 PM

Doug
Thanks for the detail it worked Price $ 49-00 +p&p did a deal with them Road Star Atuo Parts 2for $123-00 delivered a spare is always welcome.
Great help.
Regards
Trevor W

gjkrv8 09-30-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor W (Post 1081098)
Thanks for your thoughts I Have been put onto a Sydney Aust. dealer $A49-00 ea, don't come any cheaper I thought so I bought 2 for back up.
Now to deal with real problem how to convert the g/box sender from Sine Wave to Hall Effect with out breaking the bank.
Regards
Trevor W

Hi Trevor,

With regards to converting the g/box sender from sine to hall effect is that just for your speedo? If so you could do a couple of things like a GPS speedo or a sine wave to pulse type inline "shaper" etc.

Rgds
Gregg

Trevor W 10-01-2010 02:48 PM

Greg
Yes it is for the Speedo I am told that Ford Au11 computer system reads the hall effect signal for what reason I have no idear. The Tremec dealer who traded my original T5 that came with engine said all was sweet until the sender issue came up now he wants another $345-00 to come up with a electronic converter.????
So tell me please what is an in Line Shaper & where can I get one or make one.
Regards Trevor W

gjkrv8 10-01-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor W (Post 1081320)
Greg
Yes it is for the Speedo I am told that Ford Au11 computer system reads the hall effect signal for what reason I have no idear. The Tremec dealer who traded my original T5 that came with engine said all was sweet until the sender issue came up now he wants another $345-00 to come up with a electronic converter.????
So tell me please what is an in Line Shaper & where can I get one or make one.
Regards Trevor W

Hi Trevor, yes my LS1 ECU does the same as well. It then has another output that I use for my speedo.

The line shaper basically turns the curvy sine wave into a square wave. The trick is to know whether that would be enough for your ECU. The ECU might be fussy about the shape of the square wave. Therre are a few on the web the trick is to find the right one. I would assume that someone else has had the same problem before.

Below is one I found with a quick search - the parts would be about 20 bucks and it looks like it has the right specs, i.e. input voltage 1volt or greater, and frequency 20 hertz to 20Khz and output voltage matching input.

http://www.redcircuits.com//Page17.htm

I would though keep searching for one specific to your problem as this woudl guarantee your result.

Rgds

Gregg

Rebel1 10-01-2010 05:23 PM

Trevor, These fellas can help. Don't know about a price though, you'd have to give them a call.

http://www.sideshowsperformancewirin...?categoryid=22

Go to the 4th product from bottom of the page. They have done a lot of cobra conversions.

sideshow 10-01-2010 09:49 PM

thanks for promoting us rebel
good to know we r liked

u dont need a square wave into the ford ecu unless u run an auto box
just let it go into limp mode im sure it should no worry it
y doesnt yr elect speedo accept a sine wave
its prob a not popular brand eg not vdo which is what we normally use
most other brands cause too many headaches like this
i have sine to square wave boxes bit cheaper than what u got quoted
but if u then need signal to ford au ecu u might need a signal booster

whenever i wire up ford au v8 with an auto i fit my signal booster from gbox sensor to the engine ecu and this sends the correct signal to ecu so that it changes gears

as for manual gbox i would not bother bout spd to ecu

anyway i do have units to help get yr speedo to work

sideshow 10-01-2010 09:56 PM

one other thing is ui cant go past a spal fan
get the 16 inch super hi performance
has curved blades and flows ****loads
but they r aorund 250 to 300 bucks
also i dont relaly like those thermostats that u fit in rad hoses
looks crap and they do fail sometimes

anyway whoever wired yr au should have wired up the thermo fan triggers
they do bring on fans a tad late in a factory ford eg 110 degrees
but i have found the motor runs better at that temp
but these days we retune ecu to turn off security and readjust when the fans come on
most people forget about the fine details when they remove security
or buy a proper thermo fan switch that u screw into the cooling system

anythign is better than those copper capilary temp fan switches

Trevor W 10-02-2010 02:55 AM

Sideshow thanks for the tips I have a VDO set ready to use so It may be a mute point Sine Wave v Hall effect.will talk with my electrics man & see what happens.
Thanks again
Trevor W

Trevor W 10-02-2010 03:05 AM

Rebel
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT
Trevor W

sideshow 10-05-2010 02:55 AM

hey is yr au a series 3
got an interesting call today about someone wiring one up in qld for a customer
wanted some info