Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   My Cobra is on the market. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/107270-my-cobra-market.html)

boxhead 10-17-2010 02:08 AM

My Cobra is on the market.

After completing my trip it is time to test the market.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=130444833316

If it sells I will get a Daytona (keep the rain out on next trip) :)

If not then after new shed is up I will finish it off and fly to Qld from now on.

Zedn 10-17-2010 03:02 AM

Good luck with the sale Boxhead.

That will be a good buy for someone. Well proven with the recent trip.

albanycobra 10-17-2010 04:29 AM

yeah Good luck Box. Did you get the pic's I emailed?

boxhead 10-17-2010 05:05 AM

I did get the pics thanks Albany.
I will talk to you alot if the Cobra sells.

albanycobra 10-17-2010 05:23 AM

No Worries Dave
i have all the contacts to bring the car in and hundreds of pics and so on.

letsboogie351 10-17-2010 01:55 PM

"do not text, if you can not afford to ring then you can not afford to buy the car"

Dave, you're being a bit harsh on the gen Y's, don't you know texting is all they can do!
Have you ever tried to have a conversation with any of them?

Good luck with the sale - then you can go through it all again with the coupe

Doug

boxhead 10-17-2010 02:01 PM

Doug, that is there to stop the peanuts who text with a message "ring me as I have a question".

Baz 11-04-2010 09:54 PM

Hey Dave,

Had any luck selling the car yet?

Baz

Philm 11-05-2010 03:21 AM

Hey Baz,
How are you going with your quest for registration?

Phil

boxhead 11-05-2010 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baz (Post 1087830)
Hey Dave,

Had any luck selling the car yet?

Baz

No sale Baz, I will just have to be happy that I have a Cobra and not a Daytona.

Still open to offers if one was to come.

boxhead 11-05-2010 04:53 AM

Sorry, double post.

Baz 11-05-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philm (Post 1087842)
Hey Baz,
How are you going with your quest for registration?

Phil

Hi Phil,

Everything that the RTA wants has been attended to. My Engineer will be doing his final inspection at my place next Wednesday, then he prepares his responsorial report for the RTA, I obtain another Blue Slip, sent it all off to the RTA again and wait.

I've heard that one of our NSW Club members has been waiting 7 months for the RTA to contact him concerning his initial inspection. Surely to god mine won't be put on the bottom of that pile as it has already been through a 5 hour inspection by them. They now only have to check what they weren't happy with in the first place.

Hopefully, I will know a little more by the time our Christmas Party comes around and I will talk to you then.

Baz

Merv and Sharon 11-06-2010 02:55 AM

Expect the worst Baz and then be pleasantly surprised! Dave are you going to build a Daytona as well as the DRB 540?

boxhead 11-06-2010 04:11 AM

Merv, the 540 is not mine, it is a mates car.

I wont be getting a Daytona unless Cobra sells or I win the lotto.

Merv and Sharon 11-06-2010 04:26 AM

Helping someone to build a car is almost as good however, Dave. Good concept and much cheaper!

Zedn 11-06-2010 04:34 AM

Baz,

Do you know what other inspections the RTA do at that station? Surely there are not that many ICV's fronting up for inspection?

There was a clubby that recently went for his second inspection and got knocked back because he cant prove his lights comply with the ADR even though they are a reputable brand and marked accordingly.

I have been in contact with some clubby builders and they are having just as much trouble as you.

I am wondering if the RTA are waiting for the new scheme to commence next year before they start passing cars as i have not heard of any ICVs passing in NSW since the RTA started inspections.

Please keep us up to date with your progress.

Liam

albanycobra 11-06-2010 05:52 AM

Gee you Guys have it tough in NSW.....I presented my GT40 to the DPI for inspection Monday, got a small work order, returned Wednesday and hey presto I have plates. It would appear that WA is not a bad place to build kit cars.

Baz 11-06-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedn (Post 1088066)
Baz,

Do you know what other inspections the RTA do at that station? Surely there are not that many ICV's fronting up for inspection?

There was a clubby that recently went for his second inspection and got knocked back because he cant prove his lights comply with the ADR even though they are a reputable brand and marked accordingly.

I have been in contact with some clubby builders and they are having just as much trouble as you.

I am wondering if the RTA are waiting for the new scheme to commence next year before they start passing cars as i have not heard of any ICVs passing in NSW since the RTA started inspections.

Please keep us up to date with your progress.

Liam

Yes Liam. They also do the Emmissions Test at Botany. I had no problems there, passed first time up. You might be right with your last ascertion. Time will tell. I'm used to waiting now.

Baz