Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Plates anyone? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/107793-plates-anyone.html)

BMK 11-23-2010 02:37 AM

Plates anyone?

Hi guys,

I have just had a contact from a kid in the States regarding a plate from each Australian state. He is just a kid that knows someone that knows someone that knows me. Just thought I would make his day.

:LOL:.. may encourage him to 'not go out' and steal one.

**)..**)

Anyone got an old plate laying around can forward it to me at;

Bernie C/O Box 848 Portland Victoria. 3305

Thanks in anticipation.

I am more than happy to send cash for postage.

Bernie

boxhead 11-23-2010 04:53 AM

I have some NT ones I can send, may even be able to find an SA older one.

kyleb 11-23-2010 10:53 PM

I have a Vic one if you want it.
Cheers

OZCOBRA 11-23-2010 11:09 PM

I have a plate from every car i've ever owned but i don't know if i could part with them.....wreckers have always got plenty of them laying around!!!

BMK 11-24-2010 07:15 AM

Thanks for getting back.

Just let me know postage costs and I will re imburse.

Thanks again

boxhead 11-24-2010 03:36 PM

I will post Monday Bernie, no need for reimbursement, I still owe you for that box of little doggies :)

BJ's Snake 11-25-2010 02:00 PM

QLD, NSW, and ACT on their way Bernie.

Cheers
Brett

Plums 11-25-2010 07:34 PM

May have a WA plate for him, will look this weekend.

Rob. Smith 11-26-2010 01:45 AM

I got a letter from the RTA the other day promoting their flash new "My-Plates" website and custom number plate system. They seemed to emphasize the fact that they owned the plates regardless how much you paid for them and it is an offence to damage, destroy or sell on the plates. Once you have finished with them you must return them to the RTA !
Talk about buying something you never own !

BMK 11-26-2010 10:48 PM

Mmm image if we all dumped the old plates back..:LOL:

The rego guys are making a bloody fortune on those plates. Seen the costs..%/

BMK 11-26-2010 10:50 PM

Guys thanks for the plates.

Boxhead

I was thinking about the doggies then I remembered the Happy meal toy dogs. Had me guessing for a while.

A lot of those old Happy meals are fetching a big dollar on eBay. Should keep ten sets each toy..:LOL:

Thanks again guys.

boxhead 11-27-2010 01:14 AM

They are all lining the dash board of my Valiant and Ronda's Capri.

BMK 11-27-2010 03:54 PM

What every Valiant and Capri should have - a nodding dog on the back parcel shelf.

Just love it..:LOL:

BMK 11-27-2010 04:00 PM

Thanks again guys for the offer of plates.

Sounds like beer on me at the next Winton Raceway or Wakefield Park Raceway.

Bernie

BMK 11-29-2010 04:43 AM

MMmmmm VIC, QLD, NSW, ACT, NT, SA and WA. Just need TAS..:confused:

Thanks again guys.

Bernie

OZCOBRA 11-29-2010 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 1092716)
MMmmmm VIC, QLD, NSW, ACT, NT, SA and WA. Just need TAS..:confused:

Thanks again guys.

Bernie

Tassie .....give TONUS72 a polite little jab...:D

boxhead 12-01-2010 05:31 PM

Sorry it took so long Bernie, but posted today.
There is a 2010 issue NT plate
A 1999/2000 issue NT bike plate
And a old SA plate, it is not pretty as the white background has been sunburnt off, might be good if someone in SA has a better one?

kyleb 12-03-2010 01:35 PM

G'day Bernie... Vic plate sent a couple of days ago.. Cheers

BMK 12-04-2010 01:04 AM

Thanks again guys for the plates.

Will keep an eye on the post...%/

BJ

Brett, they arrived on Wednesday at Portland. Thanks mate.