Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Venom Cobra Build (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/108014-venom-cobra-build.html)

Mando 12-19-2010 02:37 AM

Sevenohms, sh!t, I thought our Classic Revival chassis had a lot steel to them, that chassis is built like a tank! Keep the pictures coming.

Regards.

sevenohms 12-19-2010 02:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More Photos

boxhead 12-19-2010 03:33 PM

Lookin good Nathan, keep up the good work and progress pics/updates.

renovationinnov 12-20-2010 03:23 AM

sevenohms looking good , hope to see more on the build
send photos of mine when it arrives
rob

sevenohms 04-06-2011 11:26 PM

Update 7/4/11

Update:

Finally got round to progressing a bit on the cobra.

Made the trans mount, after getting the sign off the engineer
Made the engine mounts, which I have to redo.
So engine is in position so driveshaft etc can be made
Front end minus shockers is in
Wheels are due on the weekend, that I can use to roll around
Finished the calcs for the brake system, awaiting signoff from Engineer
Looking at Floor mount wilwood pedal with dual 3/4" MC and Wilwood 1.75 four pots on the front, standard jag rear.
Still trimming loom down, extracting old Ford systems from the loom.

sevenohms 04-06-2011 11:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
4078: Front End
4079: Overview
4075: Transmount. Needs radiusing after the final welds and gussetting

Rob. Smith 04-07-2011 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenohms (Post 1121237)
Update:

Finally got round to progressing a bit on the cobra.

Made the trans mount, after getting the sign off the engineer
Made the engine mounts, which I have to redo.
So engine is in position so driveshaft etc can be made
Front end minus shockers is in
Wheels are due on the weekend, that I can use to roll around
Finished the calcs for the brake system, awaiting signoff from Engineer
Looking at Floor mount wilwood pedal with dual 3/4" MC and Wilwood 1.75 four pots on the front, standard jag rear.
Still trimming loom down, extracting old Ford systems from the loom.

When I built mine the engineer insisted I use all the same brake components on the rolling gear and similar sized stuff on the actuating gear. I used Jag callipers and Ford actuators ( the ford bits were the same dimensions ) The RTA still requested a major brake test AND all dimensions of the components of ALL the brake bits. I passed ...eventually. I have heard that Willwood brakes aren't smiled upon by the 'authorities'. Check this out before you go any further. Willwoods don't have weather seals. good luck !

boxhead 04-07-2011 06:02 AM

I have heard that Wilwood now do do a caliper with seals.

And seven, thanks for the update, keep them coming.

Donunder 04-07-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxhead (Post 1121293)
I have heard that Wilwood now do do a caliper with seals.

http://wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperL...ro%20Dust-Boot

Even though the ad says "No" when referring to dust boots, this model does in fact come with them.

Zedn 04-07-2011 03:00 PM

Yes, dust seals requirement was added to the new VSB14 in January this year.

sevenohms 04-27-2011 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Emperor has boots! Now its time to clean the shed, and find all the tools and things lost under the chassis!:LOL:

sevenohms 04-27-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon (Post 1096199)
Many would say no upper level is too much. However, that much power would need the right gearbox, diff and brakes. I find that the limitation is often the suspension and how well set up it is for driveability. I am not sure how strong the bottom end is on that motor. Others would know more.

I spoke to a tuner in Sydney reckons he can get 600kw from a twin turbo version, I think thats the upper limit! HAHA :LOL:

boxhead 04-27-2011 07:13 PM

Looking good, but yep, time to get the broom out.

wrxbouy 07-09-2011 07:20 PM

any more updates?

boxhead 07-11-2011 03:26 AM

Of Topic......

sevenohms 07-12-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrxbouy (Post 1139341)
any more updates?

I've made some progress, but I have annual leave coming up and hope to push on with more work, so I'll update then! :cool:

Beejay 07-12-2011 05:32 PM

Nothin to see, move along here!

boxhead 07-12-2011 06:32 PM

Off topic.....
But I still think the seller of this kit is an idiot who should be run out of business. :)

sambo 07-12-2011 06:46 PM

Sorry, off-topic

OZCOBRA 07-12-2011 07:06 PM