Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Finally finished (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/108033-finally-finished.html)

cameron02 12-10-2010 01:44 AM

Finally finished

I can finally say the car is finished. I had it registered in 2006 but then pulled it to bits and did a lot more work before I got it painted. Anyway I know some people will find the colour a bit radical but I love it.:)
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...raDec10_1_.jpg

Merv and Sharon 12-10-2010 02:13 AM

Cameron - it is a winner! Love the wheels too - very 60's.

NFLDMNBB 12-10-2010 10:50 AM

Cameron - Congrats on finishing. Thats' what it's all about. Your way..... Enjoy!

Roger

Outwest34au 12-10-2010 02:26 PM

Nice and shiny. Looks smooth. I like the way the wire wheels light it up.
Am I seeing a S/S cover over your chassis rail under the car? I won't have side pipes for quite a while and was wondering what I could do to cover the rail. Without sidepipes it sticks out like a 3rd nut on a greyhound.

Donunder 12-10-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameron02 (Post 1095310)
I can finally say the car is finished.

What is that word "finished"? I can't find it in the Cobra build dictionary!

john chesnut 12-10-2010 04:24 PM

Congratulations! Have fun!

boxhead 12-10-2010 06:05 PM

Well done Cameron, the color is what you wanted, and that is all that matters.
The fun of building a car is building it to be YOUR car.

albanycobra 12-10-2010 07:52 PM

Cameron well done. I love the colour, wire wheels and rear exhaust.

cameron02 12-12-2010 12:25 AM

Thanks

Thanks everybody,

Outwest34au: Yes, I like you comment about the 3rd nut. If you dont have side exhausts on a Drb then the riverts look a bit average. Its actually polished Aluiminium. 50mm x 50mm L bracket. Worked out at reasonable cost and I figured if I did not like it polished then I could just paint it the same colour as the car. Its secured with 4 rivnuts underneath.

Outwest34au 12-12-2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameron02 (Post 1095608)
Thanks everybody,

Outwest34au: Yes, I like you comment about the 3rd nut. If you dont have side exhausts on a Drb then the riverts look a bit average. Its actually polished Aluiminium. 50mm x 50mm L bracket. Worked out at reasonable cost and I figured if I did not like it polished then I could just paint it the same colour as the car. Its secured with 4 rivnuts underneath.

CHOICE.
That's a real cool effective result done simply. Looked at mine long and hard today thinking how you did it, S/S wasn't going to be easy here but angle Ally can be got from mitre 11. At $8 or so a length (side) you can toss it if it gets too stone chipped. I like ideas to feed off, thank you.

tin-man 12-13-2010 04:06 AM

Outstanding......

Cameron, now that's a piece of work, I truly like the color choice. May your Cobra bring you many years of enjoyment. What's next? Cheers, John, AKA tin-man :LOL: