Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cobra bodies/chassis for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/109465-cobra-bodies-chassis-sale.html)

boxhead 03-03-2011 05:26 PM

Cobra bodies/chassis for sale

Hi everyone.
I have very little info at this point, but I was asked last night if I would be or if I knew anyone who may be keen on 2 Cobra bodies and 1 Toyota Crown chassis to suit?
So I am guessing the bodies are GeForce kits?
I have also asked how complete bodies are (ie doors, bonnet, boot lids etc)

The guy was only talking $2k for the lot, in south qld somewhere.

Can pass on more as I find out.

leroy17 03-03-2011 06:00 PM

Garage wall art, front on or half a side, garage bench seat for the rear.....

Potential for fun little projects.

Zedn 03-03-2011 06:04 PM

Is there actually any completed Toyota Crown based cars registered? I dont think i have ever seen one other than the ones that circulate on ebay unfinished.

OZCOBRA 03-03-2011 06:33 PM

There are 3 that I'm aware of and one of those is in NSW..:eek::p..but I guess if an RCM can be registered anything can...:p...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

boxhead 03-03-2011 06:59 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of a cheap base for a racer project?

David Hodgson 03-03-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxhead (Post 1113521)
2 Cobra bodies and 1 Toyota Crown chassis to suit?
So I am guessing the bodies are GeForce kits?

They could also be old Autostyling bodies Dave.
If so stay well clear, don't think they would even suit a racer.

boxhead 03-03-2011 08:42 PM

I personally am not interested in them (freight to me would kill any chance of them being a bargain)

Just thought I would let others know.

Legless 03-03-2011 09:23 PM

There was one for sale on the NSW central coast last year, registered, british racing green with a 351 I think, from a very hazy memory. Autostyle I think.

Wazza 03-03-2011 09:51 PM

Warwick Harrison "Resurrected" a Crown Chassis Cobra for a client last year....(Not a Harrison Cobra )....
351 Clevo on Gas....goes great/sounds great...

I nicknamed it "The Hummer" when I first saw it...It looked ROUGH....but once completed it was a pretty nice car.

I see it going around the Northern end of the Gold Coast regularly...I usually hear it coming a mile off..Live/Loud side pipes !...and the owner's is a real hoon.

Cheers,
Warren

Beejay 03-04-2011 12:00 AM

There was a grey one in Sydney a while back, not sure if it ever got through engineering.

Ben

fastraxsg 03-04-2011 03:10 AM

Now if I could just get some plans on how to mod my 1973 Toyota Crown that's sitting outside rusting away, I might find some use for it....

How much work can you put up with for 2K investment for the lot....? If the bodies were sorta ok, and complete, might be a good deal....if you have your own transport and some time.

Merv and Sharon 03-04-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastraxsg (Post 1113600)
Now if I could just get some plans on how to mod my 1973 Toyota Crown that's sitting outside rusting away, I might find some use for it....

How much work can you put up with for 2K investment for the lot....? If the bodies were sorta ok, and complete, might be a good deal....if you have your own transport and some time.

In Jakarta? How goes your Cobra? Will be there in 2 weeks on way to Jayapura.

strida 03-05-2011 02:57 AM

I recall talking to a chap from up around the central coast or Newcastle area at the 2008 Nationals who had a toyota chassis, I believe he said it was a bit easier to register back then because the chassis already had a number, this was when I was looking for a kit to buy.
At that time I think G force had a Toyota option but transport coasts to NSW were about $2000.00 which I thought would be better spent on parts
He told me he had the body widened by about 3or 4 inches to suit (by Homebush fibreglass I think).
A very neat/clean car with probably the widest wheels on a road car I have seen.
I liked it.

Dennis