Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Shelbyfest quickjack cam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/109975-shelbyfest-quickjack-cam.html)

Gav 04-03-2011 05:08 PM

Shelbyfest quickjack cam

Hey all, I eventually got my crap together and posted video from the camera I had mounted to the front LHS of my car at shelbyfest.
The following video is me trying to keep up with Phil Mizzi during the second qualifying for the top5 on the Saturday afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKemt...e_gdata_player

Sminor 04-03-2011 06:16 PM

Hey GAV,
Really cool idea and great video. Thanks for sharing.
steve:)

Tenrocca 04-03-2011 06:47 PM

Video was great, but they sound was awful. Do you want me to dub sound from someone using a clutch over the top - you might feel a little more like a man?

:)

(I hate to admit it, but how slick do the shifts sound on that thing!)

Gav 04-03-2011 08:50 PM

The sound is crap, but it will give you a good idea of what fast driving is like Andy. ;)

Tenrocca 04-03-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1120483)
The sound is crap, but it will give you a good idea of what fast driving is like Andy. ;)

For the first bit where Mizz is in sight at least :D

Gav 04-03-2011 09:53 PM

Yeah, I dubbed out the bit where I pass him under power on the back straight.

boxhead 04-03-2011 11:08 PM

Oh, I hope you both make it to Nationals this year, and the weather holds off.

Gav 04-03-2011 11:35 PM

Too true, wouldn't want to give Andy an excuse for be slower again.

keith 720 04-03-2011 11:54 PM

Hey Gav I didnt get to look at that camera on the weekend.What type is it and how much are they.

Gav 04-04-2011 12:23 AM

It is an Oregon Scientific helmet camera, camera house had them on special recently for $99 + your SD card.
Mine takes a 4gig card which equates to 2hrs recording.
Battery life (2x AA) is good, the first set easily lasted Friday and Saturday.
The only downsides are the sound and the view is a bit narrow, but for that money who cares!!

gjkrv8 04-04-2011 01:47 AM

Great video Gav. Now I know what lines to take. Rgds Gregg.
What tyres are you running again? The dollar is good at the moment.

Rgds Gregg

LoBelly 04-04-2011 05:20 AM

Thanks for posting that Gav

As usual Phil becomes a small dot on the horizon after a lap...

Great to get that perspective and to hear the tyres & engine working.

I think after this video cobra will be sprouting cameras all over the place

LoBelly

strida 04-06-2011 08:34 PM

I gotta say I really enjoyed that. Thanks Gav
The boss said, I hope ours is not going to sound like that.
I'll be happy if ours ever makes any sound at all (confused by the holden engine harness, too many plugs left hanging in space)

Tenrocca 04-06-2011 10:28 PM

Dennis - give me a call - I can help you sort it out if you like. On hols the next 2 weeks.

Cheers

Gav 04-06-2011 10:42 PM

You would think from the audio on hat clip that my cavitating power steer pump was louder than the side pipes.

guye 04-11-2011 03:14 AM

Nah - that video is good Gav. As you say, a bit wider would be good, but for the $$ - brilliant!