Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Smile for the camera (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/111534-smile-camera.html)

sambo 07-05-2011 02:52 AM

Smile for the camera

My Cobra is finally registered. Now the real fun begins.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/P1020037.jpg

The front plate is temporarily mounted to the steering cooler bracket until I decide on quick jacks or overriders (with or without hoops?). Straighten those braided hoses. New indicators. Heater ducting required. MP3 player and amp/speakers suitable for Zep tunes. Proper exhaust. Don't forget to drive it twice a week... what a great feeling after 4 years. :D

Hammerman 07-05-2011 03:23 AM

Well done...should I or shouldn't I join the fun!

Hammerman.

Merv and Sharon 07-05-2011 03:40 AM

Brilliant Paul. It is a long road but now you can do all things that you WANT to do on the car.

Rog246 07-05-2011 03:40 AM

Way to go Sambo :MECOOL:

Rog

BMK 07-05-2011 03:49 AM

Sambo well done mate.

Now the fun begins. PM sent.

Bernie

Dimis 07-05-2011 04:20 AM

Happy birthday!!!
Congrats.

On club permit.
Nice call...

I hope to be in your shoes one day.
:-)

07cob 07-05-2011 04:27 AM

Paul

Congratulations! May you enjoy every moment on the road and always remember the hard work that has gone into each aspect of your build.

Cheers

Geof

stiffy 07-05-2011 04:30 AM

Rego at last

SAMBO,

Well done,

Club Plates ??? I thought you were going for full rego?

why the change of heart?

STIFFY

sambo 07-05-2011 04:46 AM

Thanks heaps guys, especially since many of you have contributed in some way.

Stiffy, it's only a temporary change of heart. Engineering and full rego will come at a later date.

jcraigau 07-05-2011 05:58 AM

Congratulations Sambo!

It's a hell of an achievement to get to this point.

--JC

boxhead 07-05-2011 06:06 AM

Well done Sambo.
See you at the Nationals.

Krait 07-05-2011 10:07 AM

Good stuff mate, well done.

Am jealous that you're getting to drive yours :(

Cheers

gjkrv8 07-05-2011 03:23 PM

Well done Paul. I like your approach to getting on the road quicker with the permit. You gunna brave Melb weather to bring it tonight to the club meeting? A bit or hail, rain, sleet, cyclonic winds never hurt anyone. :-) Rgds Gregg

stiffy 07-05-2011 03:41 PM

Engineering ??

SAMBO,

Quote:

Stiffy, it's only a temporary change of heart. Engineering and full rego will come at a later date.
Just to understand, the car hasn't been through engineering as yet? :eek:

STIFFY

schipps 07-05-2011 04:28 PM

Club Rego

Paul,

Enjoy the drive. Sounds like an unregistered vehicle permit.

Are there any limitations on where and when you can drive?

Mick

sambo 07-05-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjkrv8 (Post 1138623)
You gunna brave Melb weather to bring it tonight to the club meeting? A bit or hail, rain, sleet, cyclonic winds never hurt anyone. :-)

Hi Gregg, I'll be at the meeting but not with the Cobra. I need to replace a stretched drive belt - after only 500kms mind you. :(

sambo 07-05-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schipps (Post 1138629)
Paul,

Enjoy the drive. Sounds like an unregistered vehicle permit.

Are there any limitations on where and when you can drive?

Mick

Thanks Mick. The only limitation is 45 or 90 days per year and a roadworthy certificate is required. More info below.

Edit: I should add that there is an obvious responsibility to adhere to the club reg conditions (eg, log book) and not bring the club into disrepute via bad behaviour on the road, ie, penalties could apply to all.

Club permits : VicRoads

strida 07-05-2011 06:40 PM

Congratulations Sambo,

Given the choice of club rego or no rego at all I would take club rego for sure but our RTA in NSW is a bit behind the times.
Now at least you can road test on a regular basis and enjoy the effort and expense that you have put into your build.

enjoy the ride
Dennis

Mando 07-12-2011 04:03 AM

Congratulations full rego or part rego. Way to go!

Regards.

sambo 07-12-2011 04:57 AM

Thanks guys. Fingers crossed for some dry roads this weekend. :D