Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Nationals in car video (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/112957-nationals-car-video.html)

Towmaster 10-17-2011 10:47 AM

Nationals in car video

cobra nationals 2011 1 07 lap - YouTube

Another 2011 Cobra Nationals in car video.....

Wazza 10-17-2011 02:14 PM

Great Video mate...
I can see all those new Horses are making you do some serious work to control them....

Well done,
Warren.

Towmaster 10-17-2011 02:25 PM

Yeah, tyres not the best either. Prob shouldn't drive them on the street all year & expect them to be good.... Maybe some fresh tyres for next year, these a little old now.

Gav 10-17-2011 03:12 PM

Cool footage Ash.

Jeez I need new tyres!

OZVENOM 10-17-2011 03:23 PM

Tyres are a good investment.

Hi Ash you know if spent less time on opposite lock you could go another second quicker. great vid.
Oz.:3DSMILE:

Philm 10-17-2011 04:26 PM

Very Nice Ash,
Still cannot belive the corner speed you have.

One day I want to drive like Ash.

Phil

Beejay 10-18-2011 03:27 AM

Good stuff Ash!

Ben

Modena 10-18-2011 04:06 AM

good track work, got any more footage?

Towmaster 10-18-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modena (Post 1157100)
good track work, got any more footage?

Yeah I'll put up some hill climb footage shortly. Trying to work out how to put GPS ie speed data overlaid on the video footage.

LJ47 10-19-2011 02:41 PM

Looks like you need alot more grip. Which lap was the 107 in . Also looked like a lot of work, great car control.
Regards LJ

Wazza 10-19-2011 04:10 PM

He shouldn't have too much trouble working out which lap....he was checking the timer every lap....hands off the wheel, and cupping the screen so he could see it.....
Wasn't it hard enough Ash, without giving yourself MORE things to do.....

Great Fun to watch......

Just think mate......If you could get some grip, you could be doing a 1.06 !!!!:eek:

Cobra Nationals 2010 , 1min 06secs. - YouTube

More like a 1.03 I'd say.;)

Well done mate.

Cheers
Warren

Tenrocca 10-19-2011 04:18 PM

Ash, From some of Mads videos one thing that struck me was how early you and Pete H turn in on turn 9(?) on to the back straight and your speed through that corner - I have much to learn.

Towmaster 10-19-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenrocca (Post 1157407)
Ash, From some of Mads videos one thing that struck me was how early you and Pete H turn in on turn 9(?) on to the back straight and your speed through that corner - I have much to learn.

Andrew,

Yep there is a really wide exit to that corner I found. You can get on the gas reasonably early there. I am not sure if it is the fastest way around it but it seems to work for me. Fastest lap was the second one i think, About the only difference was I waited longer to turn into the sweeper, It was also my fastest terminal speed @ 195kph and the car was a lot more stable through the sweeper. As opposed to the Lumleys lap..... I don't think i will put that one on youtube...

LJ47 10-19-2011 07:22 PM

Yes the Lumley lap was hard to get right on cold tyres. Ive got alot of car fotage too but I dont know how to post it. Without taking 11hrs to upload to youtube. New to posting fings on line.
Regards
LJ47

NASSTY 10-19-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazza (Post 1157405)
Great Fun to watch......

Just think mate......If you could get some grip, you could be doing a 1.06 !!!!:eek:

Cobra Nationals 2010 , 1min 06secs. - YouTube

More like a 1.03 I'd say.;)

Well done mate.

Cheers
Warren

Yeah great vid to watch but if he had more grip and did a 1.06 I'd bet it wouldn't be as fun for all of us to watch :D Besides that's probably what the originals looked like going around corners!!:cool: