Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Bread & Circuses (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/113080-bread-circuses.html)

LoBelly 10-27-2011 05:53 AM

Bread & Circuses

All

I got an email from a freelancer wanting to do an article on a particular cobra - viz

Quote:

As discussed earlier today I am trying to find the owner of a car I saw at the Mustang Roundup on 23/11/11 in Dandenong. I am a freelance photographer and I have emailed pictures of the car to a major Australian Ford magazine which is interested in featuring the car however I was unable to find the owner at the event so I hope you can help me to get in contact with him/her. I have attached a few pictures of the car.
I thought I'd try to help out someone self employed - good karma and all that %/

Anyway - if anyone knows who belongs to this - please PM or email me and I'll pass the details of the photographer to the owner (or you can alert the owner to this post and he (sexist presumption) can contact me if interested in participating with the article.

...I know...

(there are 4 more images in my gallery)

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...rassCobra5.jpg

thankyou in anticipation

LoBelly

Philm 10-27-2011 01:54 PM

This car looks familiar.

I am not sure of the guys name but I think it is RCM Laurie kit.

He was at summer nats 21 when I was there, it was freash out of the paint booth then. It has a modern interior with a boss engine.

Phil

Tenrocca 10-27-2011 03:04 PM

Geez you have a massive brain lobelly - I had to google "bread and circuses" to try and find a link between the thread title and content. For all the other dumb arse's:

"Bread and Circuses" (or bread and games) (from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metaphor for a superficial means of appeasement. In the case of politics, the phrase is used to describe the creation of public approval, not through exemplary or excellent public service or public policy, but through diversion, distraction, and/or the mere satisfaction of the immediate, shallow requirements of a populace.[1][2][3] The phrase also implies the erosion or ignorance of civic duty amongst the concerns of the common man (l'homme moyen sensuel).

FYI

Philm 10-27-2011 04:42 PM

wow, that can be your new nick name Andrew.

Mando 10-27-2011 10:43 PM

Tenrocca, thanks for the meaning of "bread and circuses". My only problem is that I'm no smarter because I still can't see the connection between the thread title and the thread content. I guess you can't always teach that old dog!

Regards.

boxhead 10-27-2011 11:15 PM

Mando, I am with you.
Woof woof

Gav 10-28-2011 12:24 AM

At least computer teachers know how to spell 'google'

Zedn 10-28-2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philm (Post 1158714)
This car looks familiar.

I am not sure of the guys name but I think it is RCM Laurie kit.

He was at summer nats 21 when I was there, it was freash out of the paint booth then. It has a modern interior with a boss engine.

Phil

Yes, it is an RCM.

Tell the guy to contact the Melbourne Cobra Club. They may be able to help.
Melbourne Cobra Owners Club Inc.

Tenrocca 10-28-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1158782)
At least computer teachers know how to spell 'google'

And lap quicker than you.......

LoBelly 10-29-2011 02:45 AM

Thankyou to everyone who responded

I have passed the information back to the freelancer

LoBelly

LoBelly 10-29-2011 02:47 AM

double post