Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   DB Hardtop - Expressions of Interest (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/113280-db-hardtop-expressions-interest.html)

sambo 11-17-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1162029)
We bought three of Bruces tops including freight for about 4k

Hi Gav, that's great value in anyone's language. It'll be interesting to do a side by side comparison of our cars with the different hardtops fitted.

Gav 11-18-2011 06:54 PM

I am sure yours will look great, can't wait to see it once you are done.
Will you have it on for shelbyfest?

mic n gill 11-18-2011 10:47 PM

Hi Guys, anyone with a DRB with one of these beauties on at all ?

Toecutter 11-19-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mic n gill (Post 1162192)
Hi Guys, anyone with a DRB with one of these beauties on at all ?

Not yet.... The consensus seems to be that the DRB body is quite different from the body that this hardtop was designed to fit. We'll have to see if anyone wants to put them on the line and give it a go!

mic n gill 11-23-2011 10:56 PM

I'm keen, may have to cut n tuck, see what happens with Gary's build

sambo 11-25-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mic n gill (Post 1162870)
I'm keen, may have to cut n tuck, see what happens with Gary's build

Any further details? ie, is Gary on this forum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toecutter (Post 1162198)
We'll have to see if anyone wants to put them on the line and give it a go!

Tom, time to spill the beans? :D

Toecutter 11-25-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambo (Post 1163033)
Any further details? ie, is Gary on this forum?

Tom, time to spill the beans? :D

Your call brother. pm sent.

sambo 11-25-2011 07:02 PM

For those following along here, Toecutter has ordered one of these from the UK. Unfortunately due to timing with his paint job I couldn't provide him with a copy in time.

It'll be great to see some photos of your hardtop during the modification process. You certainly won't be raining on my parade by sharing details, so fire away!

Toecutter 11-26-2011 01:41 PM

What he said :3DSMILE:

I'm expecting to be notified next week that the crate will be ready for postage. Then its off to the bodyshop to be modified to fit my DRB (first registered in 2003 should give you an idea of the shape). As Sambo hinted, my timeline is relatively tight.

I'll have the details on my rebuild blog as events unfold.

berzerko 11-26-2011 03:38 PM

Here's what I started with, this was one of mr Bruce's tops got it about 4 years ago . It fitted to a hurricane which was definitely splashed off an original.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...th_top_009.jpg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...th_top_018.jpg

Pills 03-20-2012 01:01 AM

Hi Paul.

Has there been any progress with the hardtop?
Just wondering how it is comming along.

sambo 03-20-2012 01:36 AM

Pills, of the 5 who have put their hands up most are interstate or overseas. I need to contact everyone to see if they can organise quotes for crating and shipping, as this cost wasn't factored in for obvious reasons.

If the interest is still there I'll confirm pricing and chase deposits.

stephen low 03-20-2012 02:08 AM

Freighter suggestion

Guys

Can I suggest you get quotes from this mob as the've quoted on a few items for me at what i think are cheap prices.

Courier, Parcel Delivery & Shipping Services in Australia:Same Day Delivery

For example was looking to cart a mulcher back from a WA depot to a Dandenong depot, thing weighed 60 kgs and was fairly big and I recall the quote was barely over $100.

Am also about to arrange freight of a 135hp Johnson outboard, and you know how large they are and about 200kg all up. NSW pick up to Dandy depot for $89.

Worth the time trying at least.

Have fun!

Slo

sambo 03-20-2012 02:25 AM

Thanks Slowy, that could prove very useful. We need some pretty big crates made as well - any ideas there?

sambo 03-20-2012 03:17 AM

For those interstate or overseas (Krait, HOTCOB427, Pills, mic n gill, boxhead) - you have a PM!

Gav 03-20-2012 03:56 AM

Will you have something for us to have a look at shelbyfest Sambo?

sambo 03-20-2012 04:09 AM

If I do get there Gav, unfortunately I won't have the hardtop in tow - much as I'd like to.

Gav 03-20-2012 03:56 PM

Thats a shame, I was looking forward to having a look.

stephen low 03-20-2012 11:38 PM

Paul

Purpose modified cardboard boxes ie cut and taped up to suit the shape with plenty of bubble wrap inside perhaps as the protection medium.

Am assuming the tops would be of about pallet size, so strapping down onto a pallet might give protection though I suspect the pallet would be heavier than the top - no?

Out of my parcel size league I'm afraid!

Slo

Gav 03-21-2012 12:15 AM

The crate needed is bigger than a pallet.
Ours came in a box 1.7x1.5x0.7m.

When I picked mine up, I thought it would go in the back of my Panero easy,
Wrong!!