Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 02-26-2012, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Well done a nice looking car.

Guess if you break down the dog can tow you home - lol!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Haha...cheers guys...no thats Scooby my 14 month old Dane pup. He is still growing but is 38 inches high at the shoulder about 80 Kg and is rather efficient as an external car security system when working in concert with our other Danes and Boxer.

I have set the rules that the car is not for pups or shopping...Boy Toy uses only
Old 02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

We have a local member up this way with a dog almost as big as yours and he rides in the passenger seat quite happily with the seat belt across him. Called "Surrey" (short for surrogate" I am told.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Looks like a tidy DRB!

Any engine work or still stock?

Cheers,

Ben
Old 02-26-2012, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Looks like a good buy on the car, but i am sorry to say you have been mislead on the purchase of the dog.. Im quite sure that is actually a horse and not a dog.

Looking forward to more pics (of the car).
Old 02-26-2012, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Congrats on your purchase... looks to be a very tidy DRB.

I think that I saw your 'dog' pulling the wagon in the budweiser commercials.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     
Default Lurker no longer

Well, I’m officially a lurker no longer!!

I’m now finally the proud and ecstatic owner of a 1995 DRB. After a few years of trying to decide exactly what I was looking for, then searching and considering lots of scenarios and potential pitfalls of importing, buying interstate and locally this car came on the market very close to home and ticked lots of boxes on my wish list and literally had my name on it, (well at least my initials). I’m now looking forward to participating more on the forum, not with expert knowledge unfortunately but at least it will be content. LOL I’d just like to express my thanks to those members, some in Sydney, some interstate some overseas who have freely offered their helpful advice; Steve, Dennis, Dave, Craig, Treeve, Bill, Peter and others who have answered my many questions.

Hey Adam congratulations that’s a very nice car, it’s a wonder we didn’t run into each other while looking at some of these cars.

Here's a shot of my beast, I'll put up some more info on it later.

cheers
Paul
Old 02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

Seems to be a lot of cars on the Central Coast now.

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Welcome to the coast Brett, Ken told me on the weekend you'd moved up.
Hey Adam don't forget what Mark Twain said "Its not the size of the dog in the fight...."LOL

cheers

Paul
Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Congrats Adam (and Paul)

A really nice looking car all the way from Gunnedah.........shouldn't have any coastal rust problems

Just goes to show, good things come to those that wait.

Greg
Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Congratulations Adam & Paul. Fantastic to see some great old cars finding the right new owners. Patience does pay off. And best of all you get to enjoy and drive your new toys immediately.

You guys should start your own threads and share a heap of photos of your Cobra's. It would be great to see more detail and get a chance to discuss the finer details and specification. There are a lot of very knowledgeable DRB and ex-DRB owners on this forum.

Adam, nice to see replica spinners on the old polished B45 Simmon's wheels. Now that wasn't the easiest thing to do back in the day and very cool. I expect there are lots of nice attention to detail touches in that Cobra of yours.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Greg and the rest of the ACC team who have posted and congrats too Paul....we probably pinged each others options mate...LOL...anyhow..I am at Umina Beach and your just over the RIP bridge so we need to network so PM me and we can touch base as you only like 8 kays tops away.

As far as Donk specs, Kevin the previous owner builder said he had a spec 5.0 HO lined up as a crate but there was a defect with the engine so he ended up with a "more lively version" as the long motor as a replacement.

What that means is... I do not know, but the heads are not standard and there appears to be a bit of a cam judging by the idle and the fact that it goes absolutely ape sh!t over 2K RPM.

I will not really know until I replace as required and will upgrade accordingly.

It is not the fastest Cobrep in the land by any means, but I was not after that..(I all ready have the fastest Ford XR4 or ST 150 south of the equator as my runabout...no big claim there I know, but I know how easy it is to get carried away spending)...

...but this car is more than able to cope with challenges so far from a Cobra Mustang and the local HSV crowd...at the end of the day I love my new toy and will only get real with it on the track (I respect my license and other road users too much to go P plating) once I am "One with the Machine"

Thanks guys and cheers,

I will try to get some better pics up when I get more time to play on the net without the other home life responsibilities.

Adam S
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry Craig,

Missed your post while clunking on the keyboard.....

Look, all I can say is that the car is an absolute credit to Kevin Louis who built it. It is clear that a lot of love, patience, skill and attention to detail went into the build...all on a Shelby American Chassis.

Kevin sold due to unfortunate reasons I later learn't and I am hoping that the sale can help him and his lovely wife realize their travel plans.

I will definately have to get some great pics once this weather sorts itself out and look forward to meeting up with you guys at events and breakies...hopefully Paul will be keen for a cobra tandem cruise down the F3 for Brunch some time too!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Well done Adam and Paul. Straight into the experience!

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Great news Adam and Paul. I know that you've both been looking for a while and it looks like the hard work has paid off.

Paul - I like the 3 car garage!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Craig,
I don't know whether you got my pm the other day or another one of many just vaporized into cyberspace. I just wanted to thank you for your helpful advice while searching for a car. As for the three car garage....... well with two kids and a wife with cars and heaps of crap to store, three spaces is not nearly enough. When I built it I purposely didn't make it too big so I wouldn't store heaps of garbage in it, I thought I'd only make it big enough for cars. Well in hind sight that wasn't such a great idea. I just had a quote to knock a hole in the middle of the back wall for a cobra sleeping spot, storage and work area effectively nearly doubling the size and it was $65,000. Would I like a big garage and no cobra or a cobra and a big garden shed to store the crap in, easy choice really. Anyway thanks again for your advice.

Cheers
Paul

Last edited by Legless; 02-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Wrong spot for this post and my computer skills are sadly inadequate.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     

Nice to see another Cobra on the Coast.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Craig,

I had a brief meet up with Paul Today at his beautiful Nursery and Cafe. If anyone ever in the Empire Bay area I would recommend dropping into Impact Plants nursery and cafe as the menu and food look great and the atmosphere is very relaxing....until a cobra rolling up shatters the tranquil bush silence

Hopefully we can organize a central coast cruise once this weather improves although we may have a challenge keeping up with Craig's Machine

cheers Adam

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: