Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Stainless sidepipes (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/115727-stainless-sidepipes.html)

muzzza 05-24-2012 06:04 PM

Stainless sidepipes

Was going to make my own sidepipes.........but a lil' short on time, so I have decided to purchase Factory Five stainless sidepipes or similar, before the dollar falls too much.

Would appreciate opinions on what is available or any contacts.

muzzza

stiffy 05-24-2012 06:52 PM

Ff

muzzza,

I purchased a set of 4 into 1 and 4 into 2 for my Cobra and Daytona non stainless.

For the price they are fantastic, I went non stainless as I had them CNC coated to protect the metal, my legs and to assist in the longevity.

I am no welder, the quality is OK, the Cobra drivers side ( our right pipe ) seems to be a little off skew from the jig.

good luck

STIFFY

Towmaster 05-24-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzza (Post 1191865)
Was going to make my own sidepipes.........but a lil' short on time, so I have decided to purchase Factory Five stainless sidepipes or similar, before the dollar falls too much.

Would appreciate opinions on what is available or any contacts.

muzzza

Muzza,

I work at Landsborough so if you ever need someone to look over something or a bit of a chin wag to a local then give me a call 54941278. Ash.

I got mine from Snake Bite.... Don my be expensive but they will be good! Last thing you want to do is have to buy another set. Stainless is good, chrome doesn't like to stick to all parts of the mild steel ones.

Modena 05-25-2012 03:00 AM

I investigated factory five pipes last year, the problem was shipping. The pipes are about $395 in mild steel from memory, shipping was going to be another $500!

renovationinnov 05-25-2012 03:23 AM

muzzza
i bought a set ff sidepipes in mild steel & got them ceramic coated
for the heat tranfer
cost to have delivered to brisbane cost $ 600 pipes & transit to your door aranged by ff & payed though paypal
if you needed i'll send you a copy of the shipping / delivery slip
or just email them direct great to deal with

muzzza 05-25-2012 04:23 AM

Stainless sidepipes

Thanks for the helpful replies guys..........received a response from Factory Five.
$995 for polished stainless and $602.00 !! for freight. Will probably run with that, unless I find anything else.

muzzza

dc7531 05-25-2012 04:27 AM

Just a thought on length of the side pipes, if you have the extended version of the Harrison (like mine) the standard ff versions may look a bit short unless you specify the length you want. Mine (sourced locally) could have been 100mm longer but doesn't look out of place.

Derek

Kimbo 05-25-2012 06:47 AM

Factory Five Pipes

I have Factory Five SS pipes on my car. They do look a bit shorter than most but I got to like the sawn off look.
The other thing about them is that they are very loud - like there is nothing inside them. Because of this I ended up getting the mufflers rebuilt on mine.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/atta...1&d=1337952855

Kim

Merv and Sharon 05-25-2012 01:28 PM

Murray, Harrisons have them made up in steel locally for a reasonable price and the right length. Could the same guy not do them in stainless?

muzzza 05-25-2012 02:11 PM

Stainless sidepipes

Merv, Will follow up on that.........Murray

BAsque1 05-25-2012 02:49 PM

Muzza:
Before you do anything go this website and call them up great people to deal with that is where I am getting mine. The quality looks great
Firefly Stainless Steel performance pipes have been designed
Cheers
Basque1

muzzza 05-25-2012 08:52 PM

Stainless sidepipes

Thanks Basque1...........looks interesting. muzzza

AC-460 05-27-2012 01:57 AM

I made mine out of stainless and bought all the pieces from darren difilippo Difilippo Exhausts ....he does the two different radiuses for inner and outer.... nothing better than having custom made exhausts to get the exact look you want

AC-460 05-27-2012 02:41 AM

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...y_Festival.jpg
Stainless finish is nice ....youll still burn you leg even if they are ceramic coated..... once you've burnt your leg a couple of times you tend to be more careful...