Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   4 post hoist for shed - comments good/bad brands?. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/117301-4-post-hoist-shed-comments-good-bad-brands.html)

T.L. 09-14-2012 07:00 PM

4 post hoist for shed - comments good/bad brands?.

Now that project cobra is almost complete, I am looking at a hoist for my shed.

It has to be a 4 post hoist as I will be doing work on a wide range of cars, dating back over 100 years now, and a 2 post wont do the job in my opinion. 4 post with jacks seems to be what I am looking at.

I've narrowed it down to the following and was wanting comments on peoples use if they have had an experience with them

Tecalemit
Tufflift
Molnar
Bendpak

The runway needs to be long as these other cars have long wheel bases, 3.8M is the longest from measurements.

I have 3 phase power in the shed, but most are single phase.

Looking at one that goes a bit higher given my height as I'm sick of working underneath cars where I have to bend all the time.

Any constructive comments are helpful!.

renovationinnov 09-14-2012 09:19 PM

well this might help but i use a 2 post molnar as it suits all the resto work i do on the 36 hump back tourer [ ford flathead v8 ] & a 48 ford frieghter
it frees up space to remove wheels body panels
down side is the centre posts are near the doors
but m,ore good than bad
rob

Rog246 09-15-2012 03:58 AM

Well Molnar are all australian made and come from Adelaide and spares and service is very readily available. On top of that they are a pretty good hoist.
My recommendation is based on working within the hoist/garage equip. industry.
Rog

Gav 09-16-2012 03:53 PM

I have a tecalemit 4500 4 poster, it has been great, I just wish I had got it earlier.

stiffy 09-16-2012 10:58 PM

Hoist

T.L.

I have 2 and 4 posters from TUFFLIFT, Andrew is great to deal with

and the deliver and install ( ask for Rudi ) they have just released the

higher lift ( 2m ) I think and I will be getting one of these also....

I'm no where near your height you can fit a 4WD underneath.....

STIFFY

BMK 09-17-2012 04:18 AM

Yes agree with Stiffy.

The Tufflift is the way to. Reasonable price and great during and after sale service.

There are a few photos of it in my garage - see my Gallery on site here. Click on the camera icon under my registered user line top left.

%/

T.L. 09-17-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffy (Post 1211347)
T.L.

I have 2 and 4 posters from TUFFLIFT, Andrew is great to deal with

and the deliver and install ( ask for Rudi ) they have just released the

higher lift ( 2m ) I think and I will be getting one of these also....

I'm no where near your height you can fit a 4WD underneath.....

STIFFY

Have you seen my FJ40, it's about 3ft off the ground. My head at 6ft 4" isn't even near the roofline.

Sounds like they are a good hoist. Just trying to work out how to place it as I'll have to drive straight onto it, so angled might be the way to go.

hsv300 09-17-2012 03:54 PM

I have a Tufflift 4 poster as well no problems at all.

Greg

spookypt 09-17-2012 04:14 PM

T.L. I have a 4.5t powerlift. Its a clear floor 2 post though. I believe they do 4's as well. Only issue I have ever had is that they never put an "O" ring on the drain plug so it leaked. Easily fixed though.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...pictureid=8674

I'm keen on getting one of those tufflits with the extra height as well for my new house (if I ever sell the current one.)

I'd buy one now for my existing garage but its not quite long enough.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...pictureid=8673

Argh. I need more space!

Spookypt