Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Tow Hooks (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/117302-tow-hooks.html)

byroncobra 09-14-2012 07:42 PM

Tow Hooks

Just in case:CRY:

I can't find a good spot to mount a hook or strap on the front of my car.

I reccon a tow strap hastily fitted by a towy on the track would potentially cause a lot of fireglass damage.

What do you guys have fitted, and how??

Varmit 09-14-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byroncobra (Post 1211037)

I reccon a tow strap hastily fitted by a towy on the track would potentially cause a lot of fireglass damage.

The one time I had to do it, used the tow strap through the rims:LOL:

Mrs flatchat 09-15-2012 03:31 AM

plenty ideas here
tow hooks on cobras - Google Search

vector1 09-15-2012 05:51 AM

depends on the height relationship of your roll bar and windshield, you can hook a strap to the roll bar. strap on the roll bar from the rear can be pulled onto a truck.

Tenrocca 09-15-2012 07:09 AM

I've need a tow (surprisingly) just the once last year and the boys at Wakefield are very careful.

427 sam 09-16-2012 12:04 AM

tow hook

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by byroncobra (Post 1211037)

Hi this is my version just for those track days,and if i ever have to have a trip on a tow truck regards Sam

Merv and Sharon 09-16-2012 02:16 AM

Looks good. Each chassis is different and I (as is Byroncobra) am interested in an adaptation for the Harrison as well.

Rob. Smith 09-16-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 427 sam (Post 1211202)
Hi this is my version just for those track days,and if i ever have to have a trip on a tow truck regards Sam

Sorry to be negative but 1/8" plate on a tab...it'll bend !

427 sam 09-16-2012 11:44 AM

It has'nt yet and had a few outings , i don't think there is too much weight in the car to bend that, sam

byroncobra 09-16-2012 10:18 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone....... I not been near a keyboard prepping for a trackday yesterday Norwell Track & Training Days
only skidded off the track TWICE too!! :eek::eek:

Re the pics Mrs flatty, thanks but I've found plenty of ally ones on fleabay, it's the fitting that's the challenge:confused:

that plate does look thin Sam, i was thinking of adapting one of the quick-jacks on the front of my car to a hook or eye but they are only bolted thru 1/8" angle and thought it may be a bit light.

I'll keep working on it

427 sam 09-16-2012 10:52 PM

the plate has a welded angle bracket to the rear and is bolted through the quick lift jacking points into the chassis, also strenthend arround the bolt section,then it is bolted through the chassis section at the rear to prevent the bracket from bending. sorry the photos don't show this but it is difficult to do while on the car. sam

byroncobra 09-17-2012 01:35 AM

Thanks for the explanation Sam
I can see the setup now, I'll see if I can make something similar work.
Cheers
Greg