Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Who was the unlucky buyer??? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/120679-who-unlucky-buyer.html)

OZCOBRA 05-16-2013 04:06 AM

Who was the unlucky buyer???

All about Fords......Said he "Drove this out of the container at work parked it up then came back & the wiring was on fire. Poor bloke never even got to drive it out of there got sent back to the US." :eek:
Tuesday at 8:30pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...71506424_n.jpg

750hp 05-16-2013 05:44 AM

Huh?

A right hand drive replica was sent out from the US (???).
It had a wiring problem, so was sent back to the US (???).

All seems a bit odd.

bret a ewing 05-16-2013 06:47 AM

Any pictures of it on fire?

OZCOBRA 05-17-2013 01:34 AM

Yeah thought the right hand from US was a tad off,
but it is a newer looking kit so who knows??
If it was a new build why not send it back??!!
No Rego labels visible!!
This was the only photo and only info written up about wiring fire ,so I guess if it is Legit and if the damage was bad enough I sure and hell would have it
Shipped it back prior to taking possession of it with a signature.

Got this off another forum so it is not gospel!!... Hence why the question was asked here!!!

750hp 05-17-2013 01:47 AM

I'm calling it out as bull....
US Customs usually put the VIN and some other reference numbers on the windscreen in an ink that is tough to remove. No way did this car ever have the marks, as there's no chance of the freight company removing them at this end.

I don't think it's a new build, so what sort of warranty would he pursue?

If this was legit, it would likely be covered by a simple transit insurance policy. $375 for any car from US and you're effectively covered until you collect it from the wharf or customs clearance agent.

I bet it's a Perth car that has headed East.

OZCOBRA 05-17-2013 02:34 AM

Well Craigles
I think you've answered all your questions and those of others also a few things people should consider when importing!!

Do ya know the car??
Well you've called it let's see if the real story comes about!!

Tengu 05-17-2013 02:52 AM

FYI re windscreen markings from US Customs.....I had nothing on my windscreen when it arrived from the US.....
The story still sounds dodgy

750hp 05-17-2013 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tengu (Post 1244431)
FYI re windscreen markings from US Customs.....I had nothing on my windscreen when it arrived from the US.....

I would change shipping companies if it meant that I didn't have to remove those damn paint-pen markings. I've shipped cars on four separate occasion, from two ports and with three different shipping companies and each car had an almost identical styled marking.

If I ever bring in another car, I'll get the seller to cover the windscreen with a clear 3M film!

OZ, nope, I don't know the car, but I'll be interested to find out the story behind the story.

dhs.buckley 05-18-2013 02:44 PM

maybe made by the same bloke.
AC Cobra on FIRE! - YouTube

sideshow 05-18-2013 05:04 PM

u have to watch out for those bloody auto electricians
they like to set cars on fire