Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Vic AC plates on ebay (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/121769-vic-ac-plates-ebay.html)

letsboogie351 08-11-2013 05:16 PM

Vic AC plates on ebay

Signature Number Plates Victorian Heritage AC Cobra Genuine Limited Edition | eBay

Perfect for the Cobra owner with almost everything!

I see there is one person watching this auction

Doug

OZCOBRA 08-11-2013 07:23 PM

You should have put this under the ...."Tell him he is Dreaming thread!!"

stiffy 08-11-2013 07:53 PM

Plates

I agree, $25k really..........

Stiffy

Dimis 08-11-2013 08:09 PM

People pay good money for number plates. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised to hear some have paid that, and more. :eek:

fordracing65 08-11-2013 08:34 PM

What is the importance of this plate...:confused:

OZCOBRA 08-11-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 1256964)
People pay good money for number plates. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised to hear some have paid that, and more. :eek:

Yes Dimis
But this is a repro heritage plate, for the wanna be heritage collector!!!%/

Dimis 08-11-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZCOBRA (Post 1256973)
Yes Dimis
But this is a repro heritage plate, for the wanna be heritage collector!!!%/

You're not wrong... but neither am I %/ :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1256965)
What is the importance of this plate...:confused:

Nothing really, other than it has an "A" and a "C" on it.

For me its also coincidentally happens to be the initials of two very special girls of mine.
My daughter Amelie, and her mother (my lovely wife) Cassandra (sitting on my shoulders in my avatar).

Best wishes to the buyer and seller,
Anth

BMK 08-12-2013 12:35 AM

fordracing65

These plates have been purchased due to limited letters or numerals at a premium price from our RTA - read your DMV.

I would say they were probably on a coffee company car - looking at the sellers other eBay items.

The seller sees the link to AC Auto Craft or Auto Carrriage the original Cobra builders in the UK...I am guessing..:confused:

BMK 08-12-2013 12:37 AM

fordracing65

I tried for three letters and the cost was around $1,000 three years ago. So guessing maybe $3,000 for the two letters.

Maybe someone in Victoria may have two letters plates and have an idea on what AC would cost.

When you consider few people relate to AC and a cobras the cost may be paid by a person with AC as their own initials etc....%/

The two and three numeral plates are very expensive as they have the antique link - being issued for cars in the 20's and 30's.

fordracing65 08-12-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 1256986)
fordracing65

I tried for three letters and the cost was around $1,000 three years ago. So guessing maybe $3,000 for the two letters.

Maybe someone in Victoria may have two letters plates.

The two and three numeral plates are very expensive as they have the antique link - being issued for cars in the 20's and 30's.

I saw the same thing in Dubai, a Sultan bought all the early plates and was selling them for upwards of 1 million dollars U.S., that was when the economy was booming...:JEKYLHYDE, they all sold, lol...

OZCOBRA 08-12-2013 02:18 AM

Bernie the issue for me is that this aren't actually an antique plate
They are a part of the VicPlates revenue raising scheme.
IMHO they aren't worth even $3000 but some silly bugger has already paid mid $20k.... I reckon they devalue the market for TRUE heritage plates!!

BMK 08-12-2013 02:33 AM

fordracing65

Our car magazines are full of adds selling car tags/plates.

It amazing some of the plates people come up with. They are a major revenue raiser for the RTA in the first place and then on sold at a profit by the initial purchaser.

The numerals and letter plates are not as expensive as the original Heritage plates that are numbered from 300 000 down/back to 1.

Plates in two numerals sell for well over $200,000 - go figure. But many are held by collectors who see they may increase in value.

BMK 08-12-2013 02:40 AM

OZCOBRA

Yes spot on.

The two numerals are worth well over $200,000. The genuine historical plates from the 20's forward. The two and three numeral pates would be nearly a 100 year old now.

I think the two letter and three letter were released about 7 years ago.

The RTA are constantly coming up with regional plates, football plates, car club plates and various car brand and models. The limited 'V plates' are popular also.

The USA release of plates and the recent Ford plates are their latest cash raiser.

:LOL: good luck to them as there is obvious a market for them!!

Even I have the numerals on all of my cars - the 356 Speedster has the 356 numbers. The GT40 had the 40 number etc.....

I even grabbed a set of V plates for the Lotus..:MECOOL: