Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Wanted - Compomotive wheels or parts (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/124741-wanted-compomotive-wheels-parts.html)

750hp 12-26-2013 12:04 PM

Wanted - Compomotive wheels or parts

I am looking for some Compomotive rim halves so that I can increase the backspacing (more positive offset) on my front wheels.

The HB500 wheel is what I have, but any Compomotive 15" 20 bolt rim halves (hoops) will be of interest.

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...ds/image-7.jpg

Please let me know if you have anything. A complete set of wheels with spinners will also be considered.

Thanks

Rog246 12-29-2013 08:46 PM

Craig, Chris Neale (formely neale wheels) has a small repair business in Slacks Creek. Well i think its Slacks Ck. He would likely be able to help you. No idea what his number is though-Sorry
Rog

750hp 12-30-2013 04:05 AM

Thanks Rog. I'd tried Chris (Wheel Revolution) but he's on holidays at the moment. I'll try him in the new year.

I'm hoping that someone might have the parts I need - or even a full set of period looking wheels they'd sell. I know a bunch of guys have gone up to 17" and 18", so hopefully there are some old but good bits gathering dust and taking up space.

Rog246 12-30-2013 07:32 PM

Mate you could try this mob, discovered them totally by accident.

Metal Spinners and metal spinning - Whitehorse Industries Melbourne Australia

They are in Melbourne ( some people just don't know any better-{who'll take the bait}) but they specialize in metal spinning Ooh Doh ! -the name would be the give away.

Whitehorse Industries Pty Ltd
Factory 30, 70 – 72 Cave Hill Road
Industrial Gardens Estate
Lilydale, Victoria 3140

Phone: 03 9739 5955
Fax: 03 9739 5808

muzzza 12-31-2013 12:04 AM

Craig, Whitehorse industries supplied rims for my last single seater race car. I water cut, then machined the centres and they roll formed the rim halves. Came up well, at an affordable price. I polished the rims myself ( would NOT do again - took me forever !!) They can do some extreme offsets. I have a couple of pics of the car in my gallery. Murray

750hp 12-31-2013 01:30 PM

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to businesses opening again next Monday. I'll let you know how I go!

Mrs flatchat 12-31-2013 02:04 PM

Drag way used to do a very similar style ---
E bay --right here in brissy :-)

Halibrand Style 15 X 7 10 Suit Shelby Cobra Chev HQ 1 TON 1 SET 4 Only A1 | eBay

750hp 12-31-2013 03:20 PM

Well spotted Chris. That ad torments me, because it shows up every time I do a search for Cobra or Halibrand.
Every time I see it, I think of The Castle. "Tell him he's dreaming!"
I could fly in a set of custom offset pin drive wheels, adapters and spinners for his asking price. He's advertised those wheels for nearly a year now.

Compomotive, Schmidt and Revolution all used the same 20 bolt pattern, so all rim halves interchange. I'd love for it to be a bolt-on solution (Murray, there's no way in hell that I'd try to polish newly rolled rims myself - you're mad!)

If it all starts to sound too hard or too expensive, I might just put some normal tyres back on these rims and put the billboards on the Arntz. It's wheel arches can fit almost anything. The 455/25 tyres off the Chevelle will even fit with only a bit of tweaking. Here they are against the 315/35 tyres. Now that would look dumb on a Cobra...

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/image-12.jpg

renovationinnov 12-31-2013 07:32 PM

craig
have you rang simmons wheels or neal wheels or may be bbs wheels
they may have some new old stock at better cost

tellem their dreaming

Rick 427 Cobra 12-31-2013 07:53 PM

I have a complete set from my Contemporary that were used as rollers only.
But, I live in California. Will be in Sydney in March however.

750hp 12-31-2013 11:48 PM

Rick, that'd be a heck of task to take them on board as carry on luggage!

I'll send you a PM.

Rick 427 Cobra 01-01-2014 02:45 PM

PM your private email. We can work this. I am an experienced car parts smuggler. We have friends in Upper Caboolure that can vouch for that!

Ant 01-02-2014 12:38 AM

Compomotive Wheels

Compomotive have discontinued making the HB wheels bolt and knock off style wheels. I emailed them about 12 months ago and they may still have some wheel halves in stock.
They now only supply one piece original sizing cobra wheels to Hawk cars in UK.

Shelbyrunner 02-20-2016 08:18 PM

I have a complete set of 4 15" HB500's available if you are still interested. They are listed in the for sale section forum.

750hp 02-21-2016 04:08 AM

Thanks mate, but this was a couple of years ago and I have what I need.
Cheers
Craig

BRADMC 03-13-2016 03:18 AM

Compomotive spinner

Want to buy compomotive used spinner.

BKGCCX3127 11-16-2020 02:17 PM

Compomotive knock off spinners

Just reviving this thread to let anyone interested know.......Nick Acton at Acton Custom has these spinners.