Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Door mechanism or is it a lathe? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/126275-door-mechanism-lathe.html)

dave295 02-19-2014 05:06 AM

Door mechanism or is it a lathe?

An American mob called FINISHLINE sells a pair of door lathes. I'd call them a mechanism or lock or closer or whatever.

THEY HOLD THE BL**DY DOOR SHUT.

Anyway my questions are:

1. Do they comply with ADR's ,and

2. Has anyone dealt with the company (successfully).

750hp 02-19-2014 05:12 AM

Better value shopping locally:
Original Style Door Locks [HAD06] - $170.00 : Snake Bite: Cobra Parts & Accessories for your AC Cobra 427, Cobra Kit, Ford/Shelby Cobra, Cobra Replica, Cobra Kit Car

CHANMADD 02-19-2014 09:25 AM

That's pretty rude.........

Murky781 02-19-2014 10:25 AM

Finish Line is a great company and I checked their website and they did MISSPELL latches. You won't go wrong with them.

Mark IV 02-19-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave295 (Post 1286319)
1. Do they comply with ADR's

Not bloody likely, the design dates to the late 1890s!

And Finishline is a stand up company and great to deal with!

Tonus72 02-19-2014 12:42 PM

Ditto re Finish Line - I only bought posters but they were great to deal with...

Tony

kevins2 02-19-2014 12:50 PM

I've had the same great experiences buying from FinishLine. Have never heard a bad word about the company. And, because of the company's history, I wish I could buy more from them.

mickmate 02-19-2014 02:14 PM

The latches are originally sourced from an MGTF. If you have a good source for Brit bits over there check with them. If the MGTF latches are approved (even if they aren't on the original car). Finishline or Snakebite are both great companies to deal with. Location of Snakebite might be feasible with shipping costs added in to the mix.

Donunder 02-19-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmate (Post 1286393)
MGTF. . Location of Snakebite might be feasible with shipping costs added in to the mix.

Which, Chanmadd, is precisely the point 750HP was making.....

The original post was on the Australian forum, suggesting that this person resides in Australia. Snake Bite is a well thought of company here in Queensland, so it would make sense to buy locally and avoid the fearsome cost of freight from overseas, which can greatly exceed the cost of the item in the case of small purchases.

No disrespect to Finish Line suggested or intended....

CHANMADD 02-19-2014 02:56 PM

I didn't miss that.........Dave 295 was the first poster.........

Mark IV 02-19-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmate (Post 1286393)
The latches are originally sourced from an MGTF. If you have a good source for Brit bits over there check with them. If the MGTF latches are approved (even if they aren't on the original car). Finishline or Snakebite are both great companies to deal with. Location of Snakebite might be feasible with shipping costs added in to the mix.

Nick,

I was told the original design goes back 50 years from the TD/TF! These were supposedly used on CARRIAGES in the early days.

Chook 02-19-2014 11:08 PM

No idea ADR q.

Great company, website, bought a few things in last few months. Register your email and they like to offer special discounts on an almost monthly/qtrly schedule.
Good to email them about parts and respond quickly and on point.

dave295 02-19-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHANMADD (Post 1286359)
That's pretty rude.........

QUESTION TO CHANMADD

Dear SIR or MADAM

Could you please explain to me what you consider to be "rude" in my questions?

Zedn 02-20-2014 12:03 AM

You need to find out if they are two position latches. That is required for ADRs. Your engineer may want production vehicle latches used so there are no questions with strength for side intrusion.

Yes I bought as fuel cap from finshline in January. Postage was cheap and really fast. Great service. Would have no hesitation to buy from again. Their site will calculate postage to Australia now also.

Modena 02-20-2014 01:59 AM

I have bought heaps in several purchases from Finishline, and also heaps in several purchases from SnakeBite. Both are good, sometimes one is better value than the other when you counter in freight, and sometimes its vice versa no doubt due to volume.

albanycobra 02-20-2014 02:06 AM

I have bought heaps of parts from Finishline....mostly i got what i ordered. I got screwed in a promotion deal...you know ' buy a $100 worth and get a free shirt' deal. I never got the shirt and a steering wheel i bought was the wrong colour. failing that no issues.

Bryan Wilson 02-20-2014 03:35 AM

lathe

Being an expert in the language of Typoneese I'll translate it reads latch. lol
Cheers,
Bryan