Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Treeve
  • 4 Post By Baz
  • 1 Post By deano59
  • 1 Post By Chris L
  • 1 Post By 64galaxie
  • 2 Post By Donunder
  • 1 Post By Samuraicobra

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Kirkham or Superformance Turn-key options in Melbourne

Hi Guys,

I am finally in a position to purchase a Cobra.

I have no time, space or know how to do a build myself. I am still very confused in relation to the whole compliancing/registration thing. In a nutshell, I want to get a Superformance or Kirkham Cobra in the easiest manner here in Melbourne. I don't care if its only on club plates with 90 day use per annum.

Could a kind soul please enlighten me as to how I can go about this (spending 300k at Duttons is not an option before someone suggests this …..)?
Are there any importers who can handle the paperwork/compliance to obtain a street legal vehicle or someone who could assemble a vehicle for me?
I would prefer either of the two brands listed rather than a local build.

I would really appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks very much in advance….

Regards,

JR
Old 09-09-2014, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Your in luck with Superformance JR. Vic Club member and forum contributor LJ47 just announced he is the new Aussie distributor. And he's in Melbourne!

Check this thread...

New Superformance dealer in Australia
Old 09-09-2014, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

G'day JR,

I know I'm in NSW but this is a service that I can offer for NSW people. I work in with a small team of guys who built the car that won Grand Master of SummerNats 26. They know what they're doing, and I have a fair record of getting cars through ICV rego in NSW. Just in case anyone wants the same as JR in NSW we can do the whole build start to finish, rego included!

Cheers,

Treeve
boxhead and Donunder like this.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuraicobra View Post
Hi Guys,

I have no time, space or know how to do a build myself. I am still very confused in relation to the whole compliancing/registration thing. In a nutshell, I want to get a Superformance or Kirkham Cobra in the easiest manner here in Melbourne. I don't care if its only on club plates with 90 day use per annum.

Could a kind soul please enlighten me as to how I can go about this (spending 300k at Duttons is not an option before someone suggests this …..)?
Are there any importers who can handle the paperwork/compliance to obtain a street legal vehicle or someone who could assemble a vehicle for me?

Regards,

JR
Hi JR,

I note that you would prefer a Superperformance or Kirkham over a local build. By that, I take it that you haven't checked out the Absolute Pace 427. Check it out and you'll most likely change your way of thinking.

I've built a nice Aussie RMC, but if AP's were around when I was making my decisions on what build to take on, it would definitely been an A.P.

Good luck with your build.

Baz
Wazza, Donunder, leroy17 and 1 others like this.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Regards,

JR
Check out Grand Tourer Restorations in Melbourne, they have a face book page as well that you can look at and currently have 5 Kirkhams that have just landed. Based on the photos on the Face Book they have completed many restorations so I assume would be more then capable of completing what you are after.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the forum JR

I see 5 years membership and only 3 post...?
Here's hoping you join the fracas more often.

Before I spend your money... Can I ask a couple personal questions...
What are your timelines, budget, and expectations for this venture?
Or you don't have any?

best of luck with it
Old 09-10-2014, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

JR, for that level of investment I would strongly suggest seeing each product in the flesh.

We can help with seeing a Kirkham and of course our Pace 427's as we have both in our factory. LJ (as mentioned above) can show you around the Superformance.

Airfares a relatively cheap if you can spare the time.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi there guys,

Guye: I will give LJ a call and see wether or not they can help me with a turn-key Superformance option.

Treeve and 400TT: I am still confused in relation to the whole compliance thing. If a car were built in Sydney and met compliance standards there or elsewhere, how transferrable is the registration to Victoria, or do I have to jump through a whole new set of hoops once the car where to get here?
I am interested in coming and having a look at the Pace. Hadn't looked into it before.

Dimis: we are now up to 4 posts in 5 years! thats a big increase….Good questiones. Timeline- Im easy but would like to be behind the wheel in 3 yrs.
Budget- product dependant…. No clear absolutes but I don't want to get robbed. When I see the cost of a turn key product in the US being marked up by 100% locally, I walk. Bottom line- for a special product I can stretch the budget.
My expectations: An interior and body very close to the original with a quality build that will be hassle free. Big block street legal machine without the headache of modifications to make it legal. I am time poor and would like to buy one ready to roll. I haven't seen any on carsales of late that grab my fancy and would like a say in the finish etc.

Cheers

JR
Old 09-10-2014, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Go see grand tourer restorations. 3 of the cars he has are staying in Melbourne.

Alternatively talk to Kirkham yourself. He is well aware how to get these cars in the country and most of what needs to be done for compliance.

I have a Kirkham and the assembly was simple, certainly a lot easier then certain people made it out to be and like you I was time poor but after paying someone who didn't complete the job went it alone. My car should be full compliance registered in Queensland in the coming weeks.

Read my build thread there's plenty of pictures. "New build Kirkham KMP 709."
This should provide useful information to help your decision.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hi there guys,

Guye: I will give LJ a call and see wether or not they can help me with a turn-key Superformance option.

Treeve and 400TT: I am still confused in relation to the whole compliance thing. If a car were built in Sydney and met compliance standards there or elsewhere, how transferrable is the registration to Victoria, or do I have to jump through a whole new set of hoops once the car where to get here?
I am interested in coming and having a look at the Pace. Hadn't looked into it before.

Dimis: we are now up to 4 posts in 5 years! thats a big increase….Good questiones. Timeline- Im easy but would like to be behind the wheel in 3 yrs.
Budget- product dependant…. No clear absolutes but I don't want to get robbed. When I see the cost of a turn key product in the US being marked up by 100% locally, I walk. Bottom line- for a special product I can stretch the budget.
My expectations: An interior and body very close to the original with a quality build that will be hassle free. Big block street legal machine without the headache of modifications to make it legal. I am time poor and would like to buy one ready to roll. I haven't seen any on carsales of late that grab my fancy and would like a say in the finish etc.

Cheers

JR
hi there
ive been looking for a while at second hand cobras looked at a few and talked to a few owners and bugged people on here a bit as well . I searched the net I looked at importing a car and the more I looked the more confused I become .

factory five cars and a few others looked good but in the end I decided to at least fly to qld this weekend just gone for a look at the absolute pace cars in real life and was blown away by what I saw . sure they looked good in photos I had seen but I wasn't prepared for how
good they looked in real life .
end result we paid our deposit picked our colour and sorted out what options we wanted ..I was in cobra heaven I got too see a robnell there one of my all time favourites a kirkham and the pace I felt like a kid in a candy shop lol .

do your self a favour grab ya mrs book a flight make a weekend of it and go visit the factory ,
cheers dean
Cobra01 likes this.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JR, I would take advantage of club registration in VIC as it is a great system and will save you $$$ in engineering & registration fees. 90 days is a lot of driving in a Cobra per year.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python
Not Ranked     

As has been mentioned before, the 2 products you initially mentioned, plus the AP are all quality bits of gear. I refuse to believe any of the 3 would deliver an unsatisfactory result. They are arguably the 3 at the top of the tree. Do you due diligence on all 3 products, see them in the flesh, talk to the manufacturers...........the answer will come from that.

Either way, your grin will be ironed on.
Cheers
Chris L
Russell9318 likes this.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
JR, I would take advantage of club registration in VIC as it is a great system and will save you $$$ in engineering & registration fees. 90 days is a lot of driving in a Cobra per year.
Thanks 400TT.

I have some time off in December and would like to come up and have a look around at some of your cars. Are you guys open in mid December?

JR
Old 09-11-2014, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

For your own benefit go to Grand Tourer and have a look at the Kirkhams.It will give a good example of the difference between the 289 street car and 427 SC cars.
Grand tourer are a well respected company,they have been restoring mainly falcon GT's for over 20 years.
nicho likes this.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thanks 400TT.

I have some time off in December and would like to come up and have a look around at some of your cars. Are you guys open in mid December?

JR
JR, open right up to xmas. Officially closed between xmas & new year. But some of us will be working right through.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I have some time off in December and would like to come up and have a look around at some of your cars.
That will be the most rewarding use of your time -- ever, but be warned, a visit to the AP facility is a life-changing experience!
As the old saying goes -- you've seen the rest, now see the best.
deano59 and Cobra01 like this.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
JR, open right up to xmas. Officially closed between xmas & new year. But some of us will be working right through.
Its a date… of sorts.

I'll come up week of the 8th Dec.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

JR
Tonus72 likes this.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MK111 Ford 5.0 Cammer N/A
Not Ranked     

Hi JR
LJ Performance Sportscars P/L is holding an open day on the 25th October at the factory in Rowville. We will have just about every available owned Superformance Cobra and GT40 on display there. We also have our first cars arriving before Xmas and have one still available as dealer stock. I am back in Australia from the USA on the 27th if you require anymore information.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks LJ.

I sent you an email with my contact details.
I'll get in contact with you when you're back in Melbourne.

Cheers
Old 09-23-2014, 11:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ47 View Post
Hi JR
LJ Performance Sportscars P/L is holding an open day on the 25th October at the factory in Rowville. We will have just about every available owned Superformance Cobra and GT40 on display there. We also have our first cars arriving before Xmas and have one still available as dealer stock. I am back in Australia from the USA on the 27th if you require anymore information.
LJ, will you have any GT40's there available/ready for sale? If so, can you PM me what with what configurations.

Thanks mate.

spookypt