Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Hydraulic Throw Out Bearing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/131310-hydraulic-throw-out-bearing.html)

Russell9318 10-10-2014 02:12 PM

Hydraulic Throw Out Bearing

I am about to purchase an hydraulic throw out bearing set up and want to know if anyone can recommend a good reliable system. Reviews run hot and cold on these so some words of wisdom from those who know would be appreciated

Cheers

Russell

Mrs flatchat 10-10-2014 03:01 PM

What gearbox ?

Russell9318 10-10-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs flatchat (Post 1321891)
What gearbox ?

I am using a TKO-600 behind a Coyote with Quick Time Bell Housing

Mrs flatchat 10-10-2014 03:36 PM

May I suggest talk to Mal Wood (the Tremec man) as he does these systems on a regular basis
He's waiting for your call now :-)

Bryan Wilson 10-17-2014 07:38 AM

Hydrolic throwout bearing

I run a Mcleoud bearing in my Cobra and the only drawback is the pedal pressure needed to push the pedal to the floor, although you do get used to it when leg strength increases over time. The bearing in combination with the Hays race clutch plate works like an on off switch.
Cheers Bryan

SwiftDB4 10-17-2014 08:09 AM

If you're thinking internal hydraulic bearing (slave cylinder inside the bellhousing) don't get a McLeod. Had McLeod fail 3 times on my GT40. Pain in the butt to remove each time. Tilton makes much better ones.

Russell9318 10-17-2014 12:48 PM

Thanks for the comments folks.
Mal Wood has provided information on the system he makes and from what I gather, it should do the job nicely and not too expensive and good to get an Australian product so I think I will go with Mals kit.

Cheers

Russell

Mrs flatchat 10-18-2014 04:41 AM

At SwiftDB4 --what actually failed in your hydraulic release bearing ?
seals, orings, bearing, hoses, housing or just plain wrong set up ??

In order to better improve the product / instructions :-)