Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   To use seats with air bags or not?? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/131322-use-seats-air-bags-not.html)

Rog246 10-12-2014 02:35 AM

To use seats with air bags or not??

Been looking about for some seats, in particular either Mazda 2 or 3 seats.
You can buy them for around $200 a pair with air bags & controller/sensor included, which I think is pretty good value.
So the question is-do you reckon its worth going for a seat that has an airbag included ?I'd like some opinions on it please
Rog

henrik 10-12-2014 11:25 AM

It's joke... right?

cycleguy55 10-12-2014 11:31 AM

If the seats are good, go for it but take the air bags out or at least disable them before you install them - there's no need for a nasty accidental discharge.

Gaz64 10-12-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cycleguy55 (Post 1322080)
If the seats are good, go for it but take the air bags out or at least disable them before you install them - there's no need for a nasty accidental discharge.

Agree. Would be a bad idea to try and get a system to work in a completely different car.

Rog246 10-12-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

I know what you mean-I had a nasty accidental discharge once-it didn't end like I hoped it would LOL

400TT 10-12-2014 01:56 PM

Have you checked the width, height and thickness of the seats. I would have thought they would be too bulky for a Harrison cockpit. Normally only the smallest and slimmest sports car seats will fit.

xb-60 10-12-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

.....there's no need for a nasty accidental discharge.

If a Cobra can set off car alarms in other cars, what could it do to your seat air-bags?? :eek:
Cheers,
Glen

Aussie Mike 10-12-2014 05:39 PM

I keep thinking of those youtube prank vids where they put an airbag in the couch and wait for someone to sit down.

deano59 10-12-2014 07:22 PM

don't give me ideas mike I have all the airbags ive just pulled out of my ve donor car lol

maybe I could use it on the passenger seat like a ejector seat James bond style .