Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Windsor 302 ECU (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/132917-windsor-302-ecu.html)

shelley 04-12-2015 02:02 AM

Windsor 302 ECU

2 Attachment(s)
Again, I would like to ask the wise people of the forum for some help...

In my current RMC, I have a Windsor 302 from a US Mustang (built) in 2000. Currently I have an old Wolf 3D V3.. ECU..

Keen to modernise this unit as every tuner I have been to has complained about how difficult they are tune.

So I would like any suggestions on a new ECU?

I have done a bit of research and I have looked at..

- MOTEK
- EZI EFI
- WOLF
- PowerJection

So I would be interested in any suggestions - which way I should go?

As a bit of background, I do not race my Cobra, but I do drive long trips and quite quick :-)

Many thanks for your help...

Simon

Rich A 04-12-2015 05:23 PM

You can look here.
Click here -> Deltaforcetuning.com
Special Forces tuning kit or Commando tuning software

albanycobra 04-12-2015 09:45 PM

The V3 Wolf is not a hard ecu to tune...infact different tuners will the same about all the brands.
What you need to do is find a local Tuner, go down and speak to him and see what ECU he usually tunes. Then buy that brand and you will get a good result. If the Guy is familiar with what he is using you will get a good result and save money from not paying him to learn on your time. If you want to sell the V3 let let me know.

Towmaster 04-13-2015 07:48 AM

Autronic
Australian made, relatively cheap, easy to use.
I have one in my car, as do quite a few others.

750hp 04-13-2015 08:47 AM

You might also want to see if your new ECU can talk to your current sensors, trigger wheel etc. Would be a shame if they weren't compatible.

I have a Motec M48, an M84 or an Accel DFI that I can sell if your local tuner likes playing with any of them.