Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   chaz mossets bathurst crash (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/134846-chaz-mossets-bathurst-crash.html)

deano59 10-08-2015 10:51 PM

chaz mossets bathurst crash

https://www.facebook.com/v8supercars...type=2&theater

broken left leg and wrist is the news comming thru no mentions of the flaggys in the tower he collected on the way thru

not good to hear track has just been closed for the day no more cars out

Hoity 10-08-2015 11:40 PM

Pretty amazing footage, credit to the design of those cars. The marshals were in hot water there, looked like three of them missed the first hit, hopefully nothing got them on the way down.

Mad94d 10-09-2015 04:19 AM

That was sickening to watch! I don't think i've ever seen an impact that savage. Just shows how quickly it can go wrong around Bathurst. Such a small mistake with such major consequences!

dave295 10-09-2015 06:48 AM

I s'pose the least you could do is spell his name correctly.

It's MOSTERT

Gaz64 10-09-2015 02:06 PM

Very upsetting to see that happen.

Hope Chaz will recover ok.

Hope his family, and the officials are ok.

deano59 10-09-2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave295 (Post 1366223)
I s'pose the least you could do is spell his name correctly.

It's MOSTERT

i will get spell check straight onto it .. i think the least of his worries is how someone spells his name . hopefully he recovers quickly broken legs are no fun.. broke my left one in 3 places with 2 of the breaks been compound fractures yrs ago ..

gjkrv8 10-09-2015 05:00 PM

Poor bugger. Looks like it broke when it hit sideways onto the gear lever.

I'd say they will be looking into if they can protect against that in future.

Amazing how one very minor touch on the front side to the wall can upset the whole cars trajectory.

Hope he recovers ok soon.

Modena 10-09-2015 05:04 PM

The Aussie car crash this morning was truly nasty!!!!!!!!!

deano59 10-09-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modena (Post 1366273)
The Aussie car crash this morning was truly nasty!!!!!!!!!

just saw that bloody hell that was big one and hopefully the driver is ok. never good to see fire in a race car looked like his fire bomb discharged thats were the true value of a good racesuit outweighs the cost of it ..

Mad94d 10-10-2015 04:15 AM

Aussie Racing Car crash was huge! I believe it was his brother that bump drafted him and therefore unloaded him into the wall too! Very scary accident though, definitely the biggest
Aussie Racing Car crash I have ever seen. Hopefully Damien Flack has a speedy recovery, he has broken ribs and punctured lung I believe... (?)

Krait 10-10-2015 10:14 AM

Must be the day for it with the Carlos Sainz Jr incident at Sochi.

Towmaster 10-11-2015 03:45 AM

Also Scotty Pye knocked unconscious today with a big hit to the wall at Sulman Park after a steering arm broke at 'the grate'.
Big impact!
Hope they all have a speedy recovery!

Jac Mac 10-11-2015 01:46 PM

On replays it looks like the right front tire was flat before the car got to the 'grate' or the wall. Actually looking once more the RF was a about two feet away from the grate and there is a puff of smoke from around that RF before it reached that area, flat spot? or something else??