Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   V6 Cobra MMM (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/135259-v6-cobra-mmm.html)

Jaydee 11-25-2015 03:11 AM

V6 Cobra MMM

https://youtu.be/eWChIWdaQSI.
As the ad says. Made very original. :JEKYLHYDE
JD

Zedn 11-25-2015 03:27 AM

$7000 pedal box! Haha classic.

Ron61 11-25-2015 03:28 AM

Well it looks as if it is well built but that V-6 just really doesn't do much for me. Even with less power I would still prefer a V-8. But that is just my opinion and personal preference.

Ron

deano59 11-25-2015 03:58 AM

i seen that one advertised once before a while ago not my cup off tea thats for sure

PeterAllen 11-25-2015 05:03 AM

That ad was uploaded >5 years ago!

Edward Lee is Australia's answer to Arthur Daley. His businesses have been liquidated more times than I've had hot dinners.

Dwight 11-25-2015 05:32 AM

sounds like my Focus or maybe that was a lawn mower in the background:LOL:

boxhead 11-25-2015 05:49 PM

Edward Lee is very well known for dodgy dealings and bogged cars in the classic Jap market.

Jaydee 11-25-2015 07:09 PM

The number of pipes going into the collector is a nice give away. What's with the huge box under the dash? It's all wrong.
JD

Aussie Mike 11-25-2015 07:18 PM

I don't know about this car but I'm not in a hurry to knock the V6 in a Cobra. I remember years back seeing a Cobra in the US with a twin turbo V6 that ran the 1/4 in mid 10's. It was a beast. While I much prefer the sound a V8 makes in a Cobra there is no shortage of performance potential in the V6

albanycobra 11-25-2015 08:50 PM

Each to their own I say......i don't know why we get so caught up on which engine goes into our replica kit cars? I'm shocking, Maybe the worst ......must have Ford this and Ford that or it's not a good copy blah blah....lol.

Seems to me the Clubman (Lotus 7) Guys have it Sussed...they don't give a toss what motor /trans is bolted in as long as it goes hard and is light on weight.

Krait 11-25-2015 09:59 PM

Teddy Lee used to send work to my old man's panel beating shop. I remember tales being told over beers after work.

Jaydee 11-26-2015 12:32 AM

The day I see a turboed rotisary in a Cobra I'll really cry. Even an electric motor could beat a V8, but it would totally take away what is a Cobra.:eek:
JD

Zedn 11-26-2015 01:20 AM

Funny how people go on about what motor a cobra should have in it because of what the original had. Who cares, doesn't matter what engine you have, it will never be a true cobra. I appreciate any motor in the car, as if we all built the same it would be pretty boring.
A stock modern v6 would be quicker than most old tired carby v8s.
Rotary, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 or 12 who cares, they can all go fast and look cool.

Aussie Mike 11-26-2015 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee (Post 1372731)
The day I see a turboed rotisary in a Cobra I'll really cry. Even an electric motor could beat a V8, but it would totally take away what is a Cobra.:eek:
JD

To be honest I've often thought a turbo tripple or quad rotor in a cobra would be cool. Have you heard the noise a tuned tripple or quad rotor makes? One of the angriest sounding engines you will hear.

Cheers

albanycobra 11-26-2015 01:46 AM

search 787B......

deano59 11-26-2015 02:05 AM

there was a blue cobra yrs ago running around adelaide with a turbo rb 30 and motec injection went like a cat with deep heat slapped on its nuts just sounded so wrong tho i think the guys name was rohan or something like that i met him once when it was at the tuners i think the kit was a paul woolley one if my memory is correct .

Aussie Mike 11-26-2015 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1372736)
search 787B......

Love that car. One of the coolest Le mans cars ever.