Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Best value in car camera? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/136548-best-value-car-camera.html)

albanycobra 05-20-2016 05:17 AM

Best value in car camera?

Hi All
I have a Neos action vid camera which seems to take great incar video but the sound is aweful.....just distortion. So need to buy something that will take good video and capture the engine noise.

Any advice on what to buy would be great...

Modena 05-20-2016 06:14 AM

GoPro ?

joey4420 05-20-2016 12:02 PM

Find a camera that you can attach a remote microphone.

gjkrv8 05-20-2016 03:52 PM

I second the remote mic option. I have a GoPro and the built-in mic is not good for open top cars as the wind noise is too high etc.

I run a little external mic with a "fluffy" thing on the end of it and a 1M cable and place the mic just below the rear deck lip etc.

The only thing I have found with the GoPro Hero 3 Audio is the low end bass audio recording is not fantastic for our V8's etc. (e.g. It clips a little).. The new HERO's I hear are better in this regard.

Cheers

gregg

Modena 05-20-2016 04:22 PM

If you have a look at this video from ShelbyFest, the in-car video is a GoPro Hero+, the rear-view camera is one from Repco, Gator HD 1080p. All of the audio is from the Gator, as being mounted at the back hanging below the body it seems it picked up more exhaust and tyre noise and less wind. The audio from the in-car was pretty woeful with too much wind

I guess in your 40 the mic may be less of a problem

427sharpe 05-20-2016 09:30 PM

GoPro. Cheap enough not to cry if it gets damaged, good enough for quality video and easy to use, mount, etc. I like the 'remote on' function so I don't end up recording a bunch of waiting around and such. Favorite mounting is the remote mic behind the dash, but I also had decent audio results from in the trunk. Nice because I like to mount video on the roll bar.