Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Caster / camber gauge (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/137172-caster-camber-gauge.html)

leroy17 09-06-2016 01:51 PM

Caster / camber gauge

Does anyone have a caster camber gauge which they are prepared to lend or hire out.

Will pay for postage and so on.

Cheers.

spookypt 09-06-2016 02:29 PM

Try Ozvenom mate

leroy17 09-06-2016 03:56 PM

Thanks Matt.

deano59 09-06-2016 11:35 PM

i bought a cheapie one that lives in the tool box we take to the track . only gets used if we bend a strut or have to change one i think it was about 50 bucks from china

Jaydee 01-10-2017 02:39 AM

My engineer drove my CR for the first time , and it doesn't want to correct itself into a straight line. He suggests about 7 degrees of caster, Is that going to make steering when parking much heavier, is it necessary, and is that to much caster?
Thanks.
JD

leroy17 01-10-2017 04:13 AM

My set up was welded in on the weekend and running around 7 and this was suggested by WRS. They set my previous one up and for memory it was 6.5 and it was great to drive, self centred , and, well get a few more arm muscles and parking is no worries.

Cobrakiller 01-11-2017 07:49 PM

The more positive castor you add the more the self centering effect on the steering in a straight line. This also increases the effort needed at the wheel.7+ castor is fairly normal setup on modern steering systems with power steering. Check what castor you have now and increase this until you get the right feel.Any adjustment will also effect your camber too, steering geometry is a compromise.

ICCARS 01-12-2017 09:57 PM

I would be inclined to adjust the positive castor to no more than 6 degrees on a manual steer car, around -1 degree camber and depending on your front wheel width, anything over a 225 wide tyre use 3mm toe in per side.. This will give you a really good staring point for you to assess the feel on the road.