Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Looking for - Holden HQ Premier 4 door v8 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/137381-looking-holden-hq-premier-4-door-v8.html)

spookypt 10-16-2016 06:37 PM

Looking for - Holden HQ Premier 4 door v8

If anyone knows where I may find an ole "barn find" type car I'd appreciate any heads up.

Im looking for a 4 door prefer V8 (253 or 308) not picky auto or manual. Can be stock as a rock but needs to be straight and preferred registered.

Reason is my Father in Law turns 60 next September. He's an ole school drag racer (I cant talk him into in doing anything but go straight!) and he lives on a farm outside Bundy. He used to own a SLR5000 Torana but had to sell it when the pressures of the land and $'s were too great. What it'd be worth now!!

Anyway, I'm hoping to find something stock but straight without any rot in it and give it to him for his 60th. He can then when he has time tinker away as he pleases rather than spend all his time herding up bulls and horses. I'd consider anything really but it has to be a RHD, registered, V8, Chev or holden donk and 4 doors. I just missed out on one a few weeks ago at Auction and Im watching some upcoming listing on the Shannons auctions as well.

I'm thinking up to $15k is about my limit I think. Hopefully if I buy right and things work out it might be a valuable boomerang one day? (Im not sure its not politically correct saying that but pharkit)

Aussie Mike 10-16-2016 11:12 PM

Have a talk to Boxhead. He finds interesting stuff out his way all the time.

He's got a barn find VF valiant coupe in the shed at the moment. I had one years ago and reckon they are a great looking thing. Not 4 door and not V8 but pretty cool in my opinion.

Cheers

Donunder 10-17-2016 12:27 AM

Dunno Mike.

Sounds like this one has to be one of the General's or nothing, but then who knows what Boxy is likely to come across out in the wilds?

Happy hunting Spook.

renovationinnov 10-18-2016 12:25 AM

my nephew has about 5 of them [hq ] sedans in all different condition s
i'll be seeing him on the weekend & check if any are for sale
at Caboolture

spookypt 10-18-2016 02:00 AM

Thanks mate that's very much appreciated.

boxhead 10-18-2016 07:59 PM

I know just the man you need to speak with.
Steve is one of my Neighbours.
He is a Holden lunatic (nut would not be a good enough description).
He has about 25 restored cars in one shed, and about 200 plus other cars around his yard.
His cars are either going to be restored or requiring restoration. nothing truely "Barn Find"
I will also put the word out amongst club members.

Aussie Mike 10-18-2016 08:32 PM

See, Told you he'd know where to find something. :)

renovationinnov 10-21-2016 11:41 PM

spookypt
was up their today & all cars but an original prem factory floor shift auto 308 in original gold white roof , gols vynal seats ;;;running driveable but not regoed in the last 12 months
he.s thinking a cost & I,ll let you know asap
rob

spookypt 10-22-2016 01:20 AM

Ok awesome thanks rob. I put an offer on a car today but as yet not heard back.

Rob. Smith 10-22-2016 03:38 AM

Buy him a Daytona ! He could tinker with that ! ;)

schipps 10-25-2016 11:01 PM

Matt,

you have probably already seen these... but here you go

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/d...ab0e18fb3e0eb4

spookypt 10-25-2016 11:13 PM

Thanks Mick. Yep I did see that. He'd want me to get in the passenger seat if I bought that! No freeken way.

Bryan Wilson 10-26-2016 06:37 AM

4Door HQ

I used to have a 4 Door 4 speed 253 HQ GTS Monaro was a great car but I gave it to my son who sold it. I brought it new.
Cheers,
Bryan